Bread Making 101

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Guess this place is as good as any to share the latest adventures of the Pillsbury Dough-boy ..... post-11-0-59243300-1451272485_thumb.jpg

Tried a new recipe last night cranberry/raisin bread ...... god was it good ..... we cut two pieces fresh from the bread maker while it was still hot ..... I had mine with butter while J had marmalade on hers ..... unfortunately while cutting the hot bread J mashed down the top but it was OK .... just have to remember that next time .....

One thing I love about this bread maker is the fact that the paddle in the bottom lays flat after kneading so you don't get that big gaping hole in the bottom .... just a small one .... 

post-11-0-61168100-1451272928_thumb.jpg post-11-0-35365800-1451272966_thumb.jpg  

post-11-0-41443000-1451273067_thumb.jpg post-11-0-42826600-1451273117_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Looks great, maybe some time Mike can you post the recipe.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Did you buy the bread maker in Philippines or did you import it?  Very hard to get good bread here in Thailand, they shove heaps of sugar in it and I dislike  sugar.  I remember the bread I made back in Oz with the breadmaker before the big D.

Never did ask her where  it went.

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Yes. Where did you buy your bread making machine?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think some readers missed the other thread here:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/23805-where-to-buy-a-bread-maker/

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

EDIT BY MODERATOR:  Mike has asked that anyone trying to follow this recipe please note that the flour should "read 3 1/3 cups of flour and not 1 1/3 cups"  To find out more, please read his new thread here: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/24726-bread-making-102/#entry174859

Sure no problem ..... first off we use SM Bonus All Purpose Flour and brown sugar .... we found here in Bacolod the SM Bonus flour has the highest protein % .... 13% don't try anything less than 11% ..... most all purpose flour we found has 4% .... we tried it and the bread was like concrete as it didn't rise ..... here is the recipe for 750g bread (the smallest loaf the machine makes) it also makes 1.25kg ..... 1kg and 750g sizes .... it also has a nut & fruit dispensing door that automatically adds the items when needed ...... 

Add ingredients in the following order ...... we also put a little hole in the mound of flour to put the yeast in to keep it from mixing with the sugar or salt to soon ......

Water ---------------- 1 1/3 cups

Oil -------------------- 1 Tablespoon

Salt ------------------- 1 1/4 Teaspoon

Sugar ---------------- 1 Tablespoon

Flour ----------------- 3 1/3 cups

Milk Powder -------- 1 Tablespoon

Yeast ----------------- 1 1/2 Teaspoon

Add-on -------- Cranberry and or Raisins to make 3/4 cup total  

Did you buy the bread maker in Philippines or did you import it?

We bought it in SM appliance Bacolod ..... it is a Breville brand - ikon BBM 600 and cost p12,500 but was on sale for p9000 with a starter kit ......

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Guess this place is as good as any to share the latest adventures of the Pillsbury Dough-boy ..... attachicon.gifPoppin_Fresh_(Pillsbury_Doughboy).jpg

Tried a new recipe last night cranberry/raisin bread ...... god was it good ..... we cut two pieces fresh from the bread maker while it was still hot ..... I had mine with butter while J had marmalade on hers ..... unfortunately while cutting the hot bread J mashed down the top but it was OK .... just have to remember that next time .....

One thing I love about this bread maker is the fact that the paddle in the bottom lays flat after kneading so you don't get that big gaping hole in the bottom .... just a small one .... 

attachicon.gifDSCF2382.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF2383.JPG  

attachicon.gifDSCF2384.JPG attachicon.gifDSCF2385.JPG

question where did you find Cranberries i can not find them here in Kalibo Akland

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I bought dried Cranberries at Rustan's grocery Lahug, Cebu last March. 

RBM
Posted
Posted

Sure no problem ..... first off we use SM Bonus All Purpose Flour and brown sugar .... we found here in Bacolod the SM Bonus flour has the highest protein % .... 13% don't try anything less than 11% ..... most all purpose flour we found has 4% .... we tried it and the bread was like concrete as it didn't rise ..... here is the recipe for 750g bread (the smallest loaf the machine makes) it also makes 1.25kg ..... 1kg and 750g sizes .... it also has a nut & fruit dispensing door that automatically adds the items when needed ...... 

Add ingredients in the following order ...... we also put a little hole in the mound of flour to put the yeast in to keep it from mixing with the sugar or salt to soon ......

Water ---------------- 1 1/3 cups

Oil -------------------- 1 Tablespoon

Salt ------------------- 1 1/4 Teaspoon

Sugar ---------------- 1 Tablespoon

Flour ----------------- 1 1/3 Cups

Milk Powder -------- 1 Tablespoon

Yeast ----------------- 1 1/2 Teaspoon

Add-on -------- Cranberry and or Raisins to make 3/4 cup total  

Did you buy the bread maker in Philippines or did you import it?

We bought it in SM appliance Bacolod ..... it is a Breville brand - ikon BBM 600 and cost p12,500 but was on sale for p9000 with a starter kit ......

Thank you for this Mike, specially for the flour tip, appreciated.

Will report back once my partner has made same. Perhaps if cranberries unavailable we can substitute with another available berry. Normally we shop at metro Alaya Talisay whom have pretty good selections.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Will report back once my partner has made same. Perhaps if cranberries unavailable we can substitute with another available berry. Normally we shop at metro Alaya Talisay whom have pretty good selections.

They do have cranberries there, Metro Ayala, in the baking aisle. 

• Like 1