Another Year Goes By

stevewool
Posted
Posted

First of all i did not know where to put this , but i am sure someone will come along and move it if it needs to be moved,

As the title says another year goes by and has anything changed for members,

Has anyone made the move and its the best thing since sliced bread or its the worst thing that has happened,

Or are you just like me still waiting till the time is right, maybe because of work or even you are still unsure of your future plans,

Its been a funny old year for me ,

A house has been built for us to live there even though i know its the family home and it will always be the family home we still have the hole top floor to ourselves , thats our home or base how ever i want to call it,

Saying NO to the asking for cash but saying YES for help , that has been a big help for me to actually say NO and feel ok about it too,

Work is still work it brings in cash to pay the bills and it helps me get to what i may be wanting sooner then later, deep down i know i will not be at work till i retire and i am trying to plan to finish work way before i am 60 also.

Seeing the nieces and nephews growing into young stupid adults with no care in the world as long as they have a phone in hand and there parents paying for EVERYTHING, i do worry about what there future will bring them ,

Well this year will soon be up on us and its a good start for me and Emma , holiday in the USA for starters and after that well we shall see, i have a few more plans that i hope to happen , but more on that at a later date,

So what about you how has your year been

A happy new year to all i say and i hope it will be prosperous  too for you all

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

This year has been eventful for me. I took early retirement, got divorced, sold up and made the move, with no regrets whatsoever. I became a grandfather again which was lovely. I have bought a plot here and done the basic design for the house, the architect, a friend, is drawing up the final plans and the costs related to the budget I provided him with.

It has not all been plain sailing, the month of November saw myself and my gf both have two stays in hospital that came in at a cost to me of 100,000 peso. Thankfully we both seem to be ok now!

Regarding 2016, we hope to start building the house sometime in January. Today we attended a wedding and my gf caught the bouquet and I caught the garter so possibly a wedding too in the pipeline!

A very happy and prosperous 2016 to all on here and that all you wish for goes to plan.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

This year has been eventful for me. I took early retirement, got divorced, sold up and made the move, with no regrets whatsoever. I became a grandfather again which was lovely. I have bought a plot here and done the basic design for the house, the architect, a friend, is drawing up the final plans and the costs related to the budget I provided him with.

It has not all been plain sailing, the month of November saw myself and my gf both have two stays in hospital that came in at a cost to me of 100,000 peso. Thankfully we both seem to be ok now!

Regarding 2016, we hope to start building the house sometime in January. Today we attended a wedding and my gf caught the bouquet and I caught the garter so possibly a wedding too in the pipeline!

A very happy and prosperous 2016 to all on here and that all you wish for goes to plan.

All sounds wonderful

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

2016 for me was going to bring a vacation for a month in my wife's stomping grounds in the spring (Gen San area), however with a few financial issues that popped up, nothing too major ...that's now on hold.

Also, against all odds (tongue-in-cheek) Annie is still with me after getting her 10 yr green card recently (""b-b-but..the internet people say you would leave/divorce me at this point, honey...I told her-we had a laugh there""). :mocking:

Any-hoo...I'm squirreling away the acorns as the time for us draws near...

I want to wish all here on this a happy and prosperous New Year :540:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Nothing startling for me really, just another year on the list.  But life is easier here than from my home country, in the main.

• Like 2