Horror Stories... What's The Chance?

acrylic
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I'm a 31 years old guy from France. Fit and not so bad looking, or thats what I think!! ;-) I been living in Philippines for over 3 years now. In my first months here I dated a serie of girls, trying to find the right one. There were a lot of them who were pretty but with lots of red flags so I easily discarded em. With other girl I stayed around 4 months but she was extremelly moody and with lots of tampo and jealously issues, so I ended dropping her also. Finally, I found my current girlfriend. She's 2 years younger than me. We have been together for almost two and half years. She's beautiful, intelligent and a very sweet lady. She studied in one of the best universities here in Cebu and has been working in the same bank for many years. Her parents both got nice jobs and they don't ask any money from her or me (her dad works abroad probably earning more than me). The family have been nice and lovable people when I have been around their home. My girl never been married before but had a filipino boyfriend who seems to used to cheat on her on a daily basis, until she got tired of it and decided to break up, years ago...

During those 2+ years I've been living together with her, I never found a single suspicious sign. No suspicious activity on her facebook or phone, not going out with friends or arriving home late after work, she don't drink, she don't like to party, nothing. She never asks for anything and she likes to cook at home for me rather to going out to dinner. She contributes to our living expenses with her salary. Really different to any other girls I dated before.

Well, I have no reason to don't trust her and I really love her. Unfortunately, I've heard from some expats many horror stories. Stories where the guys thought everything was perfect (like I do now) until they got married, the girl got her visa/passport and the nightmare started. I heard so many cases like these that I've become a bit paranoid. Some of these expats went as far as to tell me my case isn't any different to other horror stories they have heard before.

I just want to ask you guys, does this happen that often? Guys who were so sure that their girl was perfect, even with a good background, a good education and a nice family enviorment yet they got scammed? Is it really that bad or did those expat been extremely negative telling me those stories? What do you think?

Thanks so much in advance.

• Like 1

acrylic
Posted
Posted

Mate your been with her for over two years, You say nothing has shown anything to be concerned about so most likely you found a keeper.  Having said that, who knows what the future holds no matter who you choose as a partner from any country.

:cheersty:

Thanks, mate. Yeah, who knows what the future holds... Perphaps I should be more carefully selecting expats to chat with... :)

Nothing of value from me my friend but 10 marks for the English and punctuation & the Grammar, I can't fault, for a Frenchman I say "WOW" :thumbsup: Not many English speakers here can get anywhere near this level & it is maybe our Mother Tongue.

Thank you!  I enrolled in an English school when I arrived Philippines and it has been really helpful. My accent isn't that good tho...!

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Thank you!  I enrolled in an English school when I arrived Philippines and it has been really helpful. My accent isn't that good tho...!

I am assuming that you did not speak or write English before coming to the PI, so I say that if you can study and master the English language while in the PI, then you can also study and master the life of the Filipina in the PI.

the other jp

• Like 5