Horror Stories... What's The Chance?

davewe
Posted
Posted

One of the disadvantages (and there are plenty of advantages) of reading the forums and hearing tales of woe on the Internet is it becomes possible to question our own judgment, even our own sanity. Yes, life and relationships have no guarantees and the women who loved you deeply yesterday could split today. But in the end trust your own judgment not the generalizations of the collective Internet. Good luck and let us know when the weddings happening :)

• Like 5

Larry45
Posted
Posted

One of the disadvantages (and there are plenty of advantages) of reading the forums and hearing tales of woe on the Internet is it becomes possible to question our own judgment, even our own sanity. Yes, life and relationships have no guarantees and the women who loved you deeply yesterday could split today. But in the end trust your own judgment not the generalizations of the collective Internet. Good luck and let us know when the weddings happening :)

Seems like it's best to listen to both success stories AND cautionary tales, if you want the reality of it all.  There's a whole lot to learn  from someone's anecdotal tales of failure, and at least you know they are being honest with you.  Of course, it requires a little bit of confidence in one's decisions and judgment to hear the negative without personalizing it, but it's definitely more educational and enlightening than just listening to those that confirm your beliefs, IMO.      :thumbsup:

• Like 4

oldutot
Posted
Posted

Over the years, I have met people that have fell victim to sham marriages in the Philippines. There's no rule of exception when getting

married over there. A few of the people were even the Balikbayan's , one being my wife's friend and also her niece.

My wife's  niece spent five years there, going to nursing school. She ended up marrying a guy, that was already married.

she ended up annulling the marriage.I am just happy to count my blessing each day, working towards 35 years being with

the wife.

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

Over the years, I have met people that have fell victim to sham marriages in the Philippines. There's no rule of exception when getting

married over there. A few of the people were even the Balikbayan's , one being my wife's friend and also her niece.

My wife's  niece spent five years there, going to nursing school. She ended up marrying a guy, that was already married.

she ended up annulling the marriage.I am just happy to count my blessing each day, working towards 35 years being with

the wife.

I married 2 Filipinas. the first marriage was null and void, by Certificate of Nullility, somewhat easier than annulment.

I was strongly advised by a friend not to repeat that mistake and not to marry again.

With my 2nd wife Gina, we have 2 kids. When we went to US Embassy for citizenship of first child the officer told us, in all dealings with Embassy for citizenship and down the line, it is going to be 500% easier if you are legally married. So we did that and on 2nd visit everything was approved without question (we had to do DNA test) , and for the 2nd child the approval was automatic, he just signed it.

And I was able to get my 13 a, Permanent Residency.

So what I mean to say is, for a serious long term relationship, despite the possible consequences, marriage is the best option, For short term relationships or relationships with no offspring, marriage is merely an option and I would not rush into it at all.

• Like 4