Globe Signal Booster?

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

once the kiddos put their phones down for five minutes.

Here in the Philippines???? Boy you are new here aren't you? lolol :hystery:

I have a 14 year old son. Whether it's the states, Thailand, or Phils, one thing remains constant. The teens must be connected at all times!

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They are supposed to be having WIFI (so I heard) all over the phills soon I wonder what that will do to the quality of the internet here.Not enough investment goes back into the system from the profit they get.Still, they think we have all the time in the world to wait for a connection.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Is there such a thing as a signal booster that I can get to put in the condo that might get me to 21st century speeds? I'm in the Marikina area of that matters.

You can make your own booster, google it if you can get online, :lol:  Have you tried using smart as many say some areas are better with different providers. Ask others in the building what they use is probably where to start. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I remember when my kids were young we used a booster.  It looked something like this

evenflo-booster.jpg

:hystery:   :tiphat:  Sorry no real help here.  Most of us have had the same trouble with any kind of wireless wifi available here.  Only hope is to get wired service and even that is not the greatest.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Maybe try smoke signals????

Where will you stay permanently or not decided yet?

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Update: Now that school is back in session, I can use the internet. It's still not "fast" but I can actually get to sites without them erroring out.

We've purchased a condo in Quezon City, but I haven't fully decided whether to live in it or rent it out. I'm going to head up to Clark next weekend and check out that area. I like Manila, but the pollution is horrible and I'm constantly coughing when I'm outdoors. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but it won't hurt to look at some other areas while I'm not locked into a particular place.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Update: Now that school is back in session, I can use the internet. It's still not "fast" but I can actually get to sites without them erroring out.

We've purchased a condo in Quezon City, but I haven't fully decided whether to live in it or rent it out. I'm going to head up to Clark next weekend and check out that area. I like Manila, but the pollution is horrible and I'm constantly coughing when I'm outdoors. I'm sure I'll get used to it in time, but it won't hurt to look at some other areas while I'm not locked into a particular place.

Good outcome so far on the internet.

As far as Clark (inside) or outside the base.  Straight of the cuff I'm going negative because of the size of Clark and the vast distances you have to travel to get anywhere inside or outside.

I have not actually been to Angeles or maybe I was once in the daytime but did not realize where I was.  I will leave it to someone else to comment but it might not be suitable for your situation.

You did say earlier you son needed a special school. Might not be available that area.

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

I'm going to look at both Clark and Angeles. I'm used to living in Pattaya, so smaller is not necessarily an immediate turn-off. And, I've decided to keep homeschooling my son, so that's not a concern.

I'll just have to see if it's a good fit for us. I like the convenience of the big city, but I don't know if it's right for my son long term. This might just be a little too big for him. We'll see.