Wayne Rogers From Mash Dies

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Great show at its time. 

M.A.S.H. star Wayne Rogers dies at 82

Wayne Rogers, best known as Trapper John McIntyre from the comedy smash M.A.S.H. has died

The actor was surrounded by family when he died on Thursday in Los Angeles following complications from pneumonia, according to his publicist.

He was 82.

post-1-0-98947200-1451629436_thumb.jpg

Rogers is best known for playing a US Army surgeon on the Korean War comedy show M.A.S.H. where he starred opposite Dr Hawkeye Pierce, played by Alan Alda. The pair were known for their wisecracks, tent martini drinking and pursing nurses.

One particular plot line involves Captain Pierce returning to the unit only to find his drinking buddy had been shipped home without the chance to say goodbye – sparking a hilarious chain of events that ends in a stolen jeep and Pierce meeting Trapper’s replacement.

It was rumoured Rogers left the show because he was sick of Alda getting the best lines.

Rogers was on the show for just the first three of its 11 seasons on CBS, but he became a cult favourite.

Following M.A.S.H. he played a host of roles, including a 1990s stint on Murder, She Wrote.

Later Rogers turned his hand to investing and was a regular on the Fox News finance show Cashin’ In.

He is survived by his wife Amy, two children and four grandchildren.

• Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I really liked that show and when they show the reruns if it on Sky Cable we watch it ..... Col. Potter died a while back .... my god how time flies and you realize just how old you are ..... :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

R.I.P. 

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

This is a minute and half tribute for those have passed away.  MASH was a cult TV series, right in the middle of Vietnam war.  I really miss Loretta Swit in her tight uniform.....he, he.

May they all rest in peace.  

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

This is a minute and half tribute for those have passed away.  MASH was a cult TV series, right in the middle of Vietnam war.  I really miss Loretta Swit in her tight uniform.....he, he.

May they all rest in peace.  

Thank you sir that is a triple like ..... I had no idea all those actors had died ... you may now come up from the reactor room ..... sorry Steve .... he won't be a good boy for long and you can put him back in ..... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty: 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

All these actors from that series are getting old.  Radar is 72 and he portrayed the youngest member of the cast (no idea if he actually was)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All these actors from that series are getting old.

:hystery:  AYE! and most of us that used to watch are getting older too so Think On my fine friends,  :thumbsup:

Jack :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Last time I saw Alan Alda he looked great.

I love that show! I watched every episode as a kid.