Guard

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Often read in forums over the years that the security guards guns have no bullets,seems to be another myth.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Often read in forums over the years that the security guards guns have no bullets,seems to be another myth.
The security guards who worked at the store my wife worked in always had loaded revolvers but had to unload it before heading home after work. I have heard that said too but I have yet to see one with an empty gun.

• 4 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And HERE we have yet another story of a security guards shotgun going off and injuring the people around him. wt-hell.gif The guard claims he did not pull the trigger, so how else would a shotgun go off? 89.gifMANILA, Philippines - Seven people, including a sexagenarian, were wounded after a security guard manning Light Rail Transit System (LRT)-EDSA station in Pasay City “accidentally” fired his shotgun yesterday afternoon.Those injured were identified as Danny Mataging, 60; Hilda Gardose, 50; Vener Venus, 42; Jennelyn Hita, 35; Juliet Monterola, 34; Jose Salcedo, 28; and Jocelyn Mission, 24.Most of them sustained pellet-size wounds in their feet, arms, and backs. They were rushed to San Juan de Dios Medical Center and were pronounced “in stable condition,” according to case investigator Senior Police Officer 1 Joel Landicho.A multicab (TXM 325) parked near the area was also hit by the pellets.Security guard Roel Bustarde, 22, of Kaizan Security Agency was stationed near the elevator outside the train station when the incident happened at 12:25 p.m. He is now being held at the headquarters of the Pasay City investigation division.Bustarde said he was “clueless” as to why his 12-gauge service firearm “suddenly fired” because his finger was not in the trigger.“I was holding the shotgun and was surprised that it fired,” Bustarde told The STAR, adding the nozzle of the gun was pointed at the ground.The gun was surrendered to the police but investigator SPO1 Allan Valdez questioned why the shell was “missing.”“The shell should remain intact inside the shotgun even after it was fired. Where is it?” Valdez said.Landicho, on the other hand, downplayed possible whitewash “because he (Bustarde) surrendered.”Chief Inspector Raymund Liguden, head investigator, said Bustarde could face charges for reckless imprudence resulting in multiple physical injuries because “despite his training he failed to apply safe gun handling.”“There is no such thing as accident when holding firearms,” Liguden said.Bustarde, meanwhile, apologized to the victims but maintained that what happened was an accident.

Jake
Posted
Posted

He might as well claim he had his finger up his butt instead or the red indicator means safe to him -- same stupid excuses!Jake

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

HOWDY ALL, after reading these posts, i still wonder why a lot of establishments in the PH.hire armed uniformed guards?? makes it look like a police state, i dont know about now but in my days in the PH u didnt see them alot, most wore civilian clothes, and the sidearm was always holstered. and why sawed off shotguns? they look intimidating,especially when the finger is on the trigger. but in my opinion, as an avid combat handgunner, there is nothing a shotgun can do better than a good old 45 ACP in trained hands. after all its all close quarters shots.i guess its the RAMBO thing, and another thing is those iron bars all over houses, self imposed prison? BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY...:unsure: TANKS EJ.