So Embarrassing, So Pissed...

bows00
Posted
Posted

It was such a fast heck tech year. i worked my ass off, with very little time off, but I didn't mind because I had a there week Philippines vacation planned at the end of the year.  Bought my plane ticket, had my hotel reservations set and i was on cloud 9...

Only to discover at the airport that my VISA had just expired last month.  Talk about a total downer... So stupid!!  

But i believe that there is always a lesson to be learned... CHECK YOUR $%#@ EXPIRATION DATES!!!

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Only to discover at the airport that my VISA had just expired last month.  

Do you mean passport had expired? You get the visa upon arrival. Or do you mean Visa credit card?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Do you mean passport had expired? You get the visa upon arrival. Or do you mean Visa credit card?

Probably a Multi Entry 60 day job. obtainable from the Embassy.  Yes?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Probably a Multi Entry 60 day job. obtainable from the Embassy.  Yes?

Even if it was he could have still went on his trip or did he? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Even if it was he could have still went on his trip or did he? 

All very Confusing this early in the New Year EH? "BOWS" are you here or NO?  :)

Jack :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

making people think too much my head hurts

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Oops, sorry..it was my Passport that expired, not my VISA.  I ended up not going on this trip.  Although I was very upset at first, I just concentrated on the positive side of things, the Philippines will be there next year and shucks, I have to spend 3 weeks of vacation time in Hawaii... things could be a lot worse.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Oops, sorry..it was my Passport that expired, not my VISA.  I ended up not going on this trip.  Although I was very upset at first, I just concentrated on the positive side of things, the Philippines will be there next year and shucks, I have to spend 3 weeks of vacation time in Hawaii... things could be a lot worse.

Hey Bows,

Chit happens, I guess.  You made me look at my own passport and it's got another couple years.  Thanks for the reminder!  

Looking at the bright side of things, perhaps you could explore the many, many Filipinas that are residing there in Hawaii.  Or are they too Americanized for ya?  Surely, you have some co-workers to hook you up?

Best of luck to you Bows!