13A Visa And Balikbayan Status

GregZ
Posted
Posted

FIRST 13a VISA: I've done a lot of reading and some remembering. So I have confused myself and I'm looking for the bottom line. Haha

There is a $10,000 deposit required to be shown for the 13a? Is that my USA bank account or it has to go on deposit in the Philippines? If USA,does it have to show as been there for a time, year for example.

I would just stay on balikbayan status but the adoption I am working on wants a certificate of residency. 13a is the only way to get that?

BALIKBAYAN: I found this in my reading, "The easiest and the cheapest way to (stay long term in) the Philippines, is the Balikbayan Stamp in your Passport. This stamp is good for 1 year and can be extended at least once for another 6 months."

True? How does one extend? Pros and cons?

Looks like if you extend then an Exit Clearance Certificate (ECC) is needed to leave? Trip to BI and 500 peso?

Thanks ahead for help, links, whatever it takes for me to understand. I have a lot going on, am sick, and find it hard to concentrate. Poor me. [emoji12] Appointment with lawyer pending.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)

The 13A is for a foreigner married to a Philippine citizen.  There is no deposit requirements for the 13A, that is for different visa.  The BB privilege, is offered when you enter the Philippines with your wife.  It is not really a visa, but rather an extended date stamp in your passport.  While under the BB there are no reporting requirements and you are not required to get an ACR card.  At the end of the year you can choose to exit and return with your wife and start a new year of BB, or you can go to BI and convert it to a visitor visa.  You can then extend this visitor visa for up to two years.  If you want to adopt, your best bet is the 13A (my opinion only).  That is what my wife and I are doing as we may adopt my two year old nephew whose father passed last year.

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 5

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike. Just what I needed to know. Good luck with your adoption if you proceed.

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

So in country, who has done this? http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage is the BI site, correct?

Meet the requirements.

Pay 8,620 +$50 for ACR-I card.

Done?

Can do at Cebu Regional Office.

If I do this and leave for a few months during the probationary year is there a problem?

Edited by GregZ

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
is the BI site, correct

A "Non-Quota Immigrant Visa by Marriage to a Filipino Citizen" is by definition "Section 13 (a) of the Commonwealth Act No. 613 or Philippine Immigration Act of 1940"

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/immigration-visa-by-marriage

So what you are asking about is how to get a 13a Visa.  Lots of info on here if you search for 13a visa  :thumbsup:

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I DID search for 13a visa before. I searched again just now. I don't see answers to my questions. Maybe Tapatalk search gives different results than using a browser?

So, thanks for the link. Other than there the BI site did not call it a "13a visa" which is the common name here. Nice to know I'm in the right place.

My other 3 questions still remain.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you go to a lawyer or a travel agent who processes Visas they will tell you exactly what you want and give you a price to process it all for you.I will be doing that soon,I know somebody who has already done it this way and as it works out it was a lot less hassle.The cost for an agent to process your application including the visa is around 50,000 peso.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Other than there the BI site did not call it a "13a visa

It is not known as a 13A anymore.  :thumbsup:

Maybe Tapatalk search gives different results than using a browser?

256 results for 13a Google site search and most will be in this forum category.   :)

You can then extend this visitor visa for up to two years.

36 months now, been like that for quite some time  :)