Posted
Posted

Well done Sir!  :cheersty:

• Like 1

RoMac
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike J,

You say 'Accidental Ambassador'. I say 'spontaneous act of kindness' or 'random act of kindness' if you will. Anyway, ain't it a thing of beauty when we occasionally surprise ourselves with spontaneous outbursts of life-affirming, nurturing benevolence.

Across the Pacific Ocean I extend my hand . . . to shake the hand of my hero of today (all day). Well done mate.

Ron M.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-97187200-1452068640.jpg I came across this and thought it Fitting post-2148-0-34975000-1452068669_thumb.jp  :thumbsup:

Jack :)

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted
A good reminder that as expats our actions, both positive and negative, seem to attract attention from those around us.

Nice gesture Mike.

Nice to direct it to the child. and nice the parents responded positively.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A good reminder that as expats our actions, both positive and negative, seem to attract attention from those around us.

Nice gesture Mike.

Well chris luckily they responded positively This is a 2 way topic where I can see that if you came to my daughter and offered her an ice cream when I had said no I wont be happy.

• Like 2

RoMac
Posted
Posted

Nice gesture Mike.

Well chris luckily they responded positively This is a 2 way topic where I can see that if you came to my daughter and offered her an ice cream when I had said no I wont be happy.

I was compelled to read again how Mike J described the event exactly. On Mike's first 2 attempts to channel Santa C. (it was still technically Christmas after all), both parents smiled but declined. But our Santa doesn't easily take 'No' for an answer and offers yet again to buy the inexpensive doll as a present for the baby. Appraising the situation, the parents must have concluded that the fair-complexioned stranger really had no nefarious ulterior motive in offering as he did . . . and guess what - kindness (bilateral) wins out in this fleeting encounter. By relenting and overcoming the default impulse to be aloof, the parents graciously (but with dented pride likely) gave Mike leave to make the baby's day. One very small gesture perhaps . . . but one that must have resonated profoundly with a number of eyewitnesses. You have to believe that such unscripted / spontaneous undertakings, no matter how seemingly trivial, by any expat anywhere in the country, is bound to enhance their collective local standing, imperceptively perhaps . . . but surely.  This is my take and I'm sticking with it. 

Ron M.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I have read the posts again and realize that my last post should have been addressed to sonjack. My sincere apologies to Chris.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have read the posts again and realize that my last post should have been addressed to sonjack. My sincere apologies to Chris.

Hello Mike J,

Such a noble cause coming from a heart of gold.  Well done, my friend!  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1