Keep The Faith

Hosea
Posted
Posted
Thank you again. Your comments are and were very helpful and informative. I have been very interested in Baguio City. The climate sounds more like where I wanted to live but, you won't believe this but I am terrified of heights. A six foot ladder can be difficult for me. I was told the road to Baguio City can be narrow and cliffy.
I always take the Victory bus line and have been pleased with the condition of their buses and the driving habits of their drivers. Either my wife or I make the 7-hour trip to Manila at least once a month, usually more, and have not had any problems. Just don't come during typhoon season because the road can be bad that time of year. If the heights bother you, request a seat near the back on the same side as the driver, and close the curtain on your window. You won't be able to see the road much and you should be ok. Once you're in Baguio, there are a few roads that have steep drops on the side but if you stay in the center of town, it's just up and down hills with no drops on the side. Baguio is a nice city and the weather can't be beat. I can't tolerate the hot and humid weather so this is a great place for me. We don't have airconditioning and seldom need to run a fan. If you decide to head up this way, let me know you're coming and we can meet up.
Ok TheMason, you have convinced me that Baguio City is probably where I want to live but you haven't convinced me into taking the ride there. I once took the inland tour at Catalina Island. Don't know if you've done that one before but the first mile was torture for me. It was sad. I took a new girl friend for her first time to Catalina and had to hide my head behind her back just to survive the cliffs. I enjoyed holding her anyway. Sitting on the driver side with the curtain closed won't help me all that much. I may not be able to see out but I will know whats out there. I once even had vertigo on an airline. My knees get weak on the second floor of my house. Everyone has something and this is just one of mine. Oh, I hate spiders to. Saw one of those the size of the palm of my hand in the bathroom the second week here. My wife killed it.Hope to meet you here in Davao one day though.