Streaming Movies?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

A while back a member told us about Ranierland a free movie streaming and download site. Not bad, but selection is a bit limited.

Do any members use other sites? Preferable one where you don't have to leave your credit card number for their "free" registration.

Failing that do any members use those sites where you register with your credit card, have you had any problems with unauthorized billing etc.

:cheersty:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have a site that we use but it is LOADED with spam popups.  If you are willing to cautiously wade through all the garbage to get to the movies then try xmovies8.tv

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

ill check it out Dave thanks. My smart TV makes it slow to get rid of pop ups, but hey,,,,what else we have to do? :thumbsup:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Check out XBMC. Download and install. Gazillion movies from multiple sources. Really good.

Now known as Kodi. http://kodi.tv/

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Check out XBMC. Download and install. Gazillion movies from multiple sources. Really good.

Hey Jess,

I visited KODI and they asked for my credit card information, even though they say it's all free.  No thank you.

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hey Jess,

I visited KODI and they asked for my credit card information, even though they say it's all free.  No thank you.

hmmm. maybe i sent you to the wrong place then. i just googled XBMC and it was first on the list. I have been using XBMC for a few years now, and I assure you that it's free (no credit card required at all.) Maybe KODI is a fork or something. I will look into it a bit more. thanks for the heads up.

Just, so you know, the player I use is still XBMC. it works great and gives me access to hundreds of movie channels and TV series.  like i said, though, will check it out again.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hey Jess, I downloaded that Kodi and it looks like it has the potential to be something great but I have no clue ho to use it.  Can you link a good tutorial?  There is a ton on info on the 'net but what is good info and what is not?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Jess,

hmmm. maybe i sent you to the wrong place then. i just googled XBMC and it was first on the list. I have been using XBMC for a few years now, and I assure you that it's free (no credit card required at all.) Maybe KODI is a fork or something. I will look into it a bit more. thanks for the heads up.

Just, so you know, the player I use is still XBMC. it works great and gives me access to hundreds of movie channels and TV series.  like i said, though, will check it out again.

Hey Jess,

My bad pare, got KODI mixed up with another website that was similar.  Now that Scott was kind enough to give us youtube tutorial, I'm gonna try it again.  

Thanks again.  

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Kodi can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. The more you read up on it the more you learn and there is a lot too it. But most of us just want movies and tv shows and sports and thats the simple part.

• Like 2