Streaming Movies?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hmmm.  Seems complicated when I watch that Youtube tutorial but I was determined to give it a try BUT I need to fire up 2 laptops as KODI only goes full screen so I cannot flip back and forth to watch tutorial then go to Kodi.  That can be done but this is not an 'easy' set up.

Question:  If I buy one of them newfangled Smart TVs is it a good idea to install Kodi on it and does it work well?  Or do they already come with something similar?  The price has come down low enough where I can almost afford one  :hystery:

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

I use the XBMCHUB version, which does not seem to be readily available now. With this version, adding channels is dirt simple and I watch movies and tv shows from hundreds of streaming sites consolidated into one or two menus. Really cool, faster than normal site streaming and a lot fewer DMCA-related "file not found" errors.

XBCMHUB adds new add-ons and updates automatically. So, I have never needed to download and install a new version. The video add-ons I find best are IceFilms, 1Channel and CLIQ! With those three, you can find and watch just about anything you can imagine. I am ASSUMING that those add-ons are available for KODI, but not sure. If not, maybe can try to find the older XBMCHUB version and download and install. Like I said, I am still getting free, regular and automatic updates, so it must still be a supported version somewhere.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Ah just thought of something. It also helps if you know which sharing sites have the smallest file sizes. This applies whether you are using XBMC or just streaming from a website directly.

So far, the best sites I have found for fast streaming are the following:

VidPlay

VodLockers

VideoWeed

GoodVideoHost

Vidto.me (when it's up)

VidBull

TheVideo

Sites with huge video sizes

AllMyVIdeos

FileHoot

YouWatch

Now this for the sites actually hosting the video files. To find them, you need something like XBMC(Kodi) or a site that post the links.

Here are some pretty good sites for the links:

Series Cravings - http://series-cravings.me/

Watch Series - http://watchtvseries.se/

Awesome DL - http://awesomedl.ru/

With the linking sites, though, be ready to wade through a number of "file not found" and "file taken down" errors. Hope this helps

jpbago
Posted
Posted
 Seems complicated when I watch that Youtube tutorial but I was determined to give it a try BUT I need to fire up 2 laptops as KODI only goes full screen so I cannot flip back and forth to watch tutorial then go to Kodi.  

You are supposed to watch the tutorial and then install the program. What is this back and forth business?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

i still use Project Free TV for my television shows though I haven't been on in a couple months...  I understand they changed their site but just google it and you'll find the new one...  As for movies, I'm not sure if they have updated any lately or not...  I noticed a couple years ago that they had stopped adding but, as I said, I haven't been on since they moved to their new site...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
You are supposed to watch the tutorial and then install the program. What is this back and forth business?

Are you freakin' kidding me?  This thing needs a rocket scientist to install it and get it to do more than what I already have by simply going to x.movies8.tv .  I used to think I was a smart feller but I guess I'se just a fart smeller 'cause this is all Greek to me and I've wasted all day trying to figure it out, even going back and forth from tutorial to program

So far I've got that dang thing to where I can watch trailers on Youtube with it.  Grrr its pissing me off.

Back to the drawing board.  Seems like we have some pretty smart guys on here if they can figure all this out and actually have fun with it.  :tiphat:

• Like 4