Ooook? So, Who Makes The Bed In Your House?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

The maid..............but its really hard to fold a sheet and place it on the pillow :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The maid..............but its really hard to fold a sheet and place it on the pillow :thumbsup:

post-2148-0-75675600-1452504697.jpg What can I say post-2148-0-19872000-1452504800_thumb.jp :hystery:

jon1
Posted
Posted

The wife always makes the bed, the breakfast, and coffee. Sometimes she will make me breakfast or coffee and go back to bed. Especially if I am going to work. If she is out of town, the bed doesn't get made. :)  :cheersty:

RoMac
Posted
Posted (edited)

attachicon.gifScratch head.gif Strange Question? maybe but I am asking it anyway  :hystery:

Ever since I came here Full Time it has always seemed to be MY job! Now I can see my wife's thinking on this as I am the last one out of it so it should be me But I am a lazy blighter and for me, as long as it is done before she gets home from work then to me, That's OK! But OH No! Apparently I should make it straight after breakfast when she has set off to work. My thinking is if I want to take an afternoon nap and I usually do, I will have to make it again. So after years of Working to a Pretty orderly life I hate doing a job or seeing a job done twice. To me that's Logical. I got Found out and Scolded on Sunday when she came home from Church at 11 am  and I am sat at the PC. I forgot it was Sunday and the Bed was Unmade. When we had a maid, she was never asked to make Beds, so it is Still my job and I guess it will be until I Pop Off.

As I write this she has phoned about something and she asked, have you made the bed yet? :mocking:  I Lied! (Bad I say, BAD)

So come on Guys, lets have the Truth here "Who makes the bed in Your House?"   :dance:  for the Ladies! Does your man do it?

Jack :thumbsup:

( Definitely in a silly mood again) :)

12 replies to the topic in around 10 hours - impressive. But then again the subject matter has so much gravitas.

Seems no topic here is sacrosanct, even bedroom inner sanctum affairs are not spared by the dialectics. I feel like I know a number of you intimately enough already and I yet have to ring my travel agent.

At home for me, the night before the morning I decide I don't want to be making the bed, I piss her off on purpose so she can banish me from the bedroom . . . to the couch . . . where I don't have to straighten any damn sheets.

Ron M.

Edited by RoMac
  • Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I make the bed. She grew up having the maid make the bed, so learned to make her own bed when she was 22, after moving to Canada. My bed-making skill is superior to hers.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I am the first one up in the morning. I make my coffee and see the girls off to college, then my wife gets up, makes the bed and makes our breakfast. If there is no school, the girls make my breakfast. Their bed gets made only on wash day. It's a jungle in there.

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Sorry guys but I'm not allowed to do anything .... cook .... clean ... wash .... take out the trash ..... make the bed .... shower myself .... or any other meaningful tasks ..... wow .... ain't life grand here in the Phils .... oh by the way J doesn't work at a secular job if that makes a difference ..... :why-me: :36_6_3[1]: :36_1_68[1]: 

:cheersty:

Ditto, Mike ...and my wife actually is here living in the states. It may be her upbringing and working for years as a personal assistant and maid herself-not sure-but certainly not why (like most all of us) the reason we became a couple. It's (domestic preference) the comfort zone she wants. So much for the westernizing theory of Filipinas-at least in my case. I told her she can choose to work anytime she wants-maybe she goes across the grain of being "westernized" but she knows I'll jump through any hoops she asks me to. She never does-so I spoil her out of loving spite-ha ha. Oh yea-she makes the bed (hospital corners and all)

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Fe says "I can do that" so I let her.  She says this about everything and is correct about 80% of the time.  If I am at home we will laugh and I will instruct her (if I know how) in her project.  If I am away and return I hear "I didn't do that"  As for the bed I read that it is better to just pull the sheet up as this will air the bedding and reduce the number of tiny monster that eat people.

• Like 2