Philippine Court Clears Way For U.s. Military

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

One thought I had was that when this whole operation (miltary presence) goes full boar and a little time goes by..."The rules of engagement" will be limited to whatever miltary exersizes are on the venue and not with the locals (girls/bars/etc) but as they say time will tell

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

It will interesting to see how much the U.S.A. charges the Philippines for protection from China.  

With all that is going on in the world, does anyone really believe China will start a skirmish? I think not! China's economy is in the tank. I say lets save the money, send it to our Veterans in the form of proper health care and benefits. When will we learn to spend our tax dollars wisely? 1.4 million US to upgrade Clark. Who wins here, not us.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1.4 million US to upgrade Clark

Do you have a link to an article about this?  If so, I would like to read it.

In the other link I posted, it appeared that PH was coughing up money for upgrades.  Nothing about Clark though.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
does anyone really believe China will start a skirmish?

All the military activity building islands in the Spratleys leads me to believe they will protect what they claim as theirs but they will not consider it starting anything.  They already have the islands now so if Philippines or US wants them back then it is they who will 'start' the skirmish.  IMHO

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Who wins here, not us.  

I think you are looking at it wrong. Stability of the whole Asian region plus the benefit of advanced help in times of natural  calamity comes to mind.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Why was this unusual?  They both had young Filipinas hanging on their arms!  I'm not 100% sure they were military but they looked it.  This is the first time I have seen any military with girls in daylight.  I wonder if the shore leave rules have changed now that the Pemberton trial is done.

Maybe they decided daytime was better so the guys had more light to help identify possible gender issues.  :)

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think the 2 comments on this story say it all.

http://www.manilatimes.net/accord-to-enhance-philippines-defense-palace/239109/

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I'm being sarcastic I guess. Tired of the yo yo effect. We get used for our tax dollars and once folks get what they want, they send us packing. It's bad for the US and bad for our troops. Troops are put in harms way, told to stand down and then ignored when they get home. I'm a little disgusted with the political side of all this. So yes I agree, I'm looking at it wrong, as the world sees it anyway. I don't remember things ever being so bad in the world, but I know it's time for the US to shore up its own and make some of these countries stand on there own. We should be there to prop up stability, not flip the bill and sacrifice our young people for other countries. It is only going to get worse from here.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I don't remember things ever being so bad in the world

Oh I don't know, I bet if we asked our fathers (god rest them) about 1949-1959 the might tell us a thing or two. Soviet Union gobbling up Eastern Europe, Poland, Hungary, Yugoslavia, East Germany and East Berlin, tromping all over the Baltic states, supporting an attempted communist take over of Greece, helping that bearded wonder put missles 90 miles away from Florida fermenting unrest in Latin America . Developing the H bomb, getting into space first, arming most of the Arab world (the Egyptian army used soviet tanks against Isreal in all their wars and still has them.) The Red Chinese pushing our friends onto Taiwan, helping North Korea almost take over the peninsula, supporting the Viet Min in pushing the French out of Indo-China. I can remember the "Duck and Cover drills" (being from California they told us they were earthquake drills).

Things looked pretty bleak back then to those who were in the know. Our parents just didn't have the luxury (or curse) of instantaneous 24/7 news.

All in all things look pretty good from where I sit.

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Scott that's a long list of sh...t. Funny it all took place with the US spending our tax money in other countries and our young men being maimed and killed in the name of democracy. At the end, those countries owed us billions of dollars, of course we forgave the debt.

Where did that get the US? We are hated by most of those we helped. Now the U.N. Is calling the shots and the devil running this country wants to run the U.N.

After World War One, my Grandfather sat in a corner blowing spit bubbles and drooling all over himself, what for?

All those things you mentioned were away from our homeland. Now we have been infiltrated by a beast that is dead set on taking all of those freedoms away. Those were different times with different rules. We have brought the enemy to our door step, he knocked and we let him in, all in the name of compassion, hospitality and good will towards man. Now he cuts us from the fabric of which we we're made. You can't compare our volunteering to save the world from foreign enemies to the war we are fighting now. American civilians don't want to volunteer to fight in the streets of America. At the same time the devil wants to disarm us and make our killing easy for the infiltrators.

I appreciate your knowledge of our history, but what you don't understand is our children, our wives and our husbands are being threatened and murdered, that's a game changer!