Packing For The Move.

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jake said:

On the contrary Officer Danny, we really appreciate your field report as you finally head for home plate.  If I remember correctly, Judy and I paid several hundred pesos, plus my watch as we waited patiently for the release of our household effects at Manila (1992).  

Good luck finding storage for your tools and keeping them under lock and key.  Perhaps taking photos of your personal property in case they grow some legs?

Take photos as a remembrance? Because if something walks off, I wouldn't expect to ever see it again.:mellow:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Awesome!  I sure wish I could have popped my 2 cars into a container when I moved over!

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just to verify. You received a 13A visa. Then made arrangements to ship the container. Then once you arrived in the Philippines and processed your 13A on entry you did the paper work to make the customs duty free?

Could you please send me the name of the shipper in a PM?

Thanks,

Earthdome

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 24/06/2016 at 0:00 PM, OnMyWay said:

Awesome!  I sure wish I could have popped my 2 cars into a container when I moved over!

OMW,  Yes I wish that too.  But remember, that is a whole new ballgame.  Not so easy.  One of the rules in the this type of shipment is "No automobiles, vessles(boats), planes, or parts there of":SugarwareZ-034:

intrepid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, earthdome said:

Just to verify. You received a 13A visa. Then made arrangements to ship the container. Then once you arrived in the Philippines and processed your 13A on entry you did the paper work to make the customs duty free?

earthdome, That is the correct process.  All this can be done your self including the application for the tax/duty free which is submitted to the DOF which once granted is then given to customs.  This application has requirements including your passport with 13A visa, marriage contract, ACR-I card, Philippines TIN.  After checking the prices I found the very small savings to do it all myself was just not worth it.  Also, I can say after all said and done, I fell I was treated very fairly and no long nose tax was applied during the process.  I'm sure others will disagree.  Anyway, I delivered all my items to my shipper who I watched build the crates and put my "stuff" inside with spray labeled my name and address.These crates were then placed inside a 20' container and sealed and I was given the serial" of the seal.  As you saw in the picture, I had checked the seal before they cut it off and it was the same seal.  I might have mentioned before, your shipment is based on sq footage or sq inch.  But after a certain amount the cost becomes the same for a full 20' container.  That was the case of ours.  Had I known this in advance, I'm sure there was more I could have shipped.  But where to store it all here in the Philippines?  I have found no rental storage in our area and seems no one has heard of any in the PI.  So, back to shipping.  My Shipper in the US then contacts what I'll call our "receiver", who is actually a shipper in Makiti.  This receiver is the person who then follows up everything once received in the port.  The receiver is paid by my shipper.  The receiver also hires the customs broker, filed all the paperwork for me at DOF the tax/duty exemption, and also mad the delivery to Sta Rosa Laguna.  Again all this was included in the price I paid to the shipper in the US.  The only additional fees I paid  are explained above which I was told about before I signed my contract.

PM coming to earthdome with additional requested info.

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 23/06/2016 at 8:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I love the colorful way you describe how the 'fees' are different for each individual.

I don't recall saying for "each individual".  Maybe I was not clear.  Each shipment depending on size, length of time the ship has to wait in port, how long for customs to release, therefor incurring storage.  Those are some of the things I remember are factors determining the charges. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, intrepid said:

But where to store it all here in the Philippines?  I have found no rental storage in our area and seems no one has heard of any in the PI. 

Why? There are several self storage facilities in Manila and a place in Laguna  https://www.crownrelo.com/intl/en-ph/page/secure-storage

http://www.ecstorageph.com/   , http://safehouse.com.ph/

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Wow Jgf   I failed on this one   Again taking someone else word is not good here  should have done my own research on this one  No matter now because it's all done for me   Hopefully others will benefit from this info  

• Like 2