Powerball Lotto Ticket Requests From Filipino Family Or Friends?

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Gotcha covered Kuya....Of course you will be in charge of distribution of funds to the others as well-and I can only imagine your add-on charges for doing so

:th_Good-Luck:  (5 hours till the drawing!)

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yea, I was gonna buy a winning ticket for the forum owner to throw us all a party someplace in da Philippines but taking the lump after taxes it comes to right at 500 million.

THat is not nearly enough once you figure in the cleanup cost hush money and bribes, petting zoo some costumes airline tickets and other odds and ends. Word is some of the members from Australia are thirsty too what would happen if we ran out of beer!? :angry:   :boohoo:

Jake and I would expect fireworks and those special entertainers too.  :no:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't know about Filipino friends or family but sure would be nice if JGF bought a few tickets for the forum members.  

Well actually up until recently Aussies could not buy US lottery tickets but now a company has a 5 year licence issued in Aus for us to buy online. Tried it last night but would not load properly.

Aussie punters given green light to play for world's biggest lotto of $1.3b

Australia could soon have a new billionaire, as lottery company Lottoland has given Aussies the green light to play for the world’s biggest jackpot prize of $1.3 billion USD.

The Powerball Jackpot is the largest ever, where the winner will automatically be placed in Forbes infamous rich list.

In a first of its kind, Lottoland has been awarded a five-year license by the Northern Territory Racing Commission to open online gambling in international lotteries.

“We are very excited about this, and Lottoland is setting the pace in opening up winning customer opportunities right around the world,” Lottoland spokesman Luke Brill said.

“It’s quite incredible now to think Australian citizens through Lottoland can join in on the race to win a mega international lottery without having to leave the comfort of their own lounge room or office.”

Previously, lottery players would have to travel to the country of the lottery’s origin to legally be able to play.

Any Australian winners will be charged tax as an American citizen would.

“You win as if you’ve won the underlying lottery,” Mr Brill said.

“If you were to win $1.3b in the US you would receive $880 million after tax,” he explained, which would be equivalent to around $1.2 billion AUD.

Punters at Lottoland will pay $10.50 for a game.

The US Powerball draw will take place 2pm AEDT on Thursday.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OH! OH! Aghhhhhhh NO Please! you will all say  :hystery:  post-2148-0-68065100-1452734993_thumb.jp

Bet you hope I am KIDDING here?

Jack  :dance:

• Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I bought my Powerball ticket tonight. You would not believe the line at my local convenience store. The odds are crazy by officials say 85% of the numbers are covered so there is a good chance we will have a winner this time.

Jake
Posted
Posted

That figures......nobody won tonight.  The next drawing is this Saturday with the amount of 2,000 million (2 billion).  I was curious where and when the drawing is officially held.  It's in Florida with the drawing held around 11 PM.  The US has multiple time zones (east coast to Hawaii), so that is why the drawing is held late at night.  

I'm still waiting to get hit with lightning to improve my odds.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerball

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

"For many men the acquisition of wealth doe's not end their troubles, it only changes them"

Seneca

But don't let that stop you trying, regards your new found buddy :cheersty:  

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Well look on the bright side..if you don't win the lottery, you can always take the beer bottles in Jake's yard to the recycling center and get about the same pay out... :emostrongbow:  :emostrongbow:  

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well look on the bright side..if you don't win the lottery, you can always take the beer bottles in Jake's yard to the recycling center and get about the same pay out... :emostrongbow:  :emostrongbow:  

Ooops, my bad -- three winners will share the booty!  I'm gonna see if the one in California is a distant cousin of mine, yeah right.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jake drinks Mojitos, the beer bottles are mine but you are more than welcome to help yourself. You'll need a truck. 

• Like 2