The Philippine Postal Service ( A Definite Rant)

Posted

:1 (103): Well done Philpost, You just cost me 35.000+ already this year for your Poor Service.(With No recourse)

A form of Life was sent to me in September of last year, I received it in early November [although it arrived in Manila Mid October according to the stamps]  I duly Completed the Form and sent it off, the sender sent a Reminder in Late October, it arrived 3 days ago. having Done it all again and Notarized as these things are, I was shocked to see that one of my Pensions has not been paid. Seems they put a Suspend on it due to my not Returning Forms sent. A Suspension Notice was issued in Mid November and I have not had this letter yet. It Boggles my Mind that here we are  now in 2016 and in an age of Supposedly High Technology, Snail mail is getting Slower and Slower. I can do most things if I am told to do them but when a postal Service is so bad just what are we supposed to do.

OK so I get on to the Government Department concerned in the UK and am Told OH! sorry but.......

Well sorry is OK but I can't do things if you don't tell me. We did tell you by Post. HUH! never Heard of Email?

AH Yes! but we can't do that by the Internet for Security reasons. Blah, Blah, Blah, We have to send it by Ordinary mail. SO OK now you have the Document, where is my Money? OH Later Only, we will double up next Time (seems every one is latching onto the later thing, even in the UK)

Thank You PhilPost NOT!

Seems that the Powers that be, can just please themselves at times, the Whole World runs on Internet except when some one owes you Money and with help of inadequate outside Services they Win.

Rant Over but Not Forgotten.  :no:

Jack :Mad:123

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 2

Posted

Jack sorry to hear about that,

Does it have to be by Post.  Can it not be sent by Fed-Ex?

One thing I have learned in my travels there is any mail I send out or receive is always sent registered with a signature required.  Before mailing like that, it was hit or miss either inbound or outbound.  Everything I have sent or received registered w/signature required  not only made it,  but seemed to be faster!

• Like 1

Posted

Jack sorry to hear about that,

Does it have to be by Post.  Can it not be sent by Fed-Ex?

One thing I have learned in my travels there is any mail I send out or receive is always sent registered with a signature required.  Before mailing like that, it was hit or miss either inbound or outbound.  Everything I have sent or received registered w/signature required  not only made it,  but seemed to be faster!

Everything I send is like that and it seems to get there in the main it is what they send that never gets here or is very late, this is a Bank issue now mainly and they will not go to Courier service, cost I guess but we are expected to bear the cost to Comply

All this I will lay at Phil post and this idiotic delay in Manila. I spent over 1.5 hours on Monday trying to get answers but you know the Score!

Jack :1 (103):

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Posted

I hear your pain, JP.  My solution is to have all my mail sent to someone in Canada who immediately reads it and contacts me about the important stuff.  So long as somebody loves me (or I send money) that will continue.  :tiphat:

• Like 4

Posted

I hear your pain, JP.  My solution is to have all my mail sent to someone in Canada who immediately reads it and contacts me about the important stuff.  So long as somebody loves me (or I send money) that will continue.  :tiphat:

OH! I knew it was coming but it takes so long for the mail to get to me, it has to be an Original Doc send. If the Forms don't Arrive I can't get them Signed and then when they are it takes so long to get back to them. even if I courier it, it is still overdue because it was well overdue getting here but I will win.There has to be a way around this.

I just do not Understand why the UK can't just send the Forms by email but they won't. There seems to be NO Compromise or helping each other at this time. I guess it is a penance we have to pay for living in Paradise  :hystery:

I wouldn't mind But this Particular Government Bank deal with All my pensions so it is not as if I am dead, They know from other accounts that I give Life forms But and don't you just love the but's they say each account has to be dealt with separately :1 (103):

Anyway we will see what happens later today. JP is on the Warpath 

Hoping that I don't get any grief from the BI later this Afternoon but that will be another Story :thumbsup:  Reporting Time.

Jack :)

• Like 3

Posted

OH! I knew it was coming but it takes so long for the mail to get to me, it has to be an Original Doc send. If the Forms don't Arrive I can't get them Signed and then when they are it takes so long to get back to them. even if I courier it, it is still overdue because it was well overdue getting here but I will win.There has to be a way around this.

I just do not Understand why the UK can't just send the Forms by email but they won't. There seems to be NO Compromise or helping each other at this time. I guess it is a penance we have to pay for living in Paradise  :hystery:

I wouldn't mind But this Particular Government Bank deal with All my pensions so it is not as if I am dead, They know from other accounts that I give Life forms But and don't you just love the but's they say each account has to be dealt with separately :1 (103):

Anyway we will see what happens later today. JP is on the Warpath 

Hoping that I don't get any grief from the BI later this Afternoon but that will be another Story :thumbsup:  Reporting Time.

I sent some forms to the UK on the 29th of December. The letter has just been sorted there at the Uk delivery hub so it should get there at the pension place later today.It took until yesterday for it to get from Manila to the UK. Good old inefficiency at its best followed by absolutely no customer service.I sent them using parcelforce express24.

• Like 3

Posted

I sent some forms to the UK on the 29th of December. The letter has just been sorted there at the Uk delivery hub so it should get there at the pension place later today.It took until yesterday for it to get from Manila to the UK. Good old inefficiency at its best followed by absolutely no customer service.I sent them using parcelforce express24.

I have sussed the problem, it is  the fact that it is taking 2/3 months for the Forms to get here then 2/3/4 Months to get back by mail

But even if I send By courier  it is still 1 month Overdue back to them You would think that after 3 years of this someone would sit and say OH! OH! Philippines, Hmmmmmmmm they will need extra time for return but OH NO! That is not in the manual :1 (103):

You know what, Today's sending is the Second, First one not there yet. Like London Buses they will both turn up Together :hystery:

BTW Kev a little off Topic but have a great time with Ron :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Jack,

Have had the same problem with Human Services in Australia.  When there last, took details BY HAND of my Super Fund as I was approaching 65 and will go to Aged Pension from DSP.  Asked if there was any thing else I had to complete - answer No.

Got a letter a month later asking for the same information I hand delivered.  Rang International Service, sent them a copy by email.

One month later, another letter for same thing.  Lodged a complaint, miraculously statement appeared on my file.

Got another letter a few weeks later saying I had not replied to 2 letters they sent to my sister's place, my Oz address.

/The letters asked if I wanted to go onto the Aged Pension.  I was going to do so when I spoke to a financial officer in March 16 when I go back.

Checked with my sister, no mail received.  She is very good with anything that comes from me and sends it immediately.

Rang International Services again, put me through DSP as my pension had been cancelled.  Got a nice guy there but he tried all he could to send me the form but could not as it is 'temporary unavailable' and has been for 7 days.  Frustrating.

Lodged another complaint, got a reply same as Jack - cannot send information by email.  I ONLY WANTED A BLANK FORM TO 

COMPLETE - WHAT IS CONFIDENTIAL ABOUT THAT????

I am still trying to get it happening.  No pension though!

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 1

Posted

That's to bad Jack. Guess we car't complain here. I am always having small parcels sent out from NZ. With the exception of the Xmas one they arrive in two weeks flat. As we have no street address we just send them c/o post office, they text us when it arrives. Always must pay P110 to pick it up which annoys me, considering the big picture should not complain.

• Like 1

Posted

Back in the early 2000's when I was hand writing letters to my then to be wife and sending by the USPS I found it almost always took 10 days for her to receive in San Pedro Laguna.  When she wrote me back it was most always 15 back to me!  I can only guess how much longer from one of the other islands.  Does all mail in the Philippines Post get sorted first in Manila?