Teaching English To Koreans In Manila?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

She has the advantages of an English accent

Those from midland USA would tend to disagree that about the English accent.  

Well I'll  be blowed  :hystery:  And there was I thinking we English Didn't have an Accent but all the others Do! Has someone been lying to me all these years? :)

Jack :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:  

Jack Jack Jack....Bless your little heart. Those poor students want to learn English not whatever it is you-all speak over there. :36_6_3[1]:

• Like 4

Soupdragon1973
Posted
Posted

Sure I can provide a little info on myself if needs be. Here or in the introductions section? I am still in UK and my partner lives in Metro Manila and we plan to marry in March. I was thinking more of one to one private tuition rather than an actual job in a school. I understand its near impossible for a foreigner to be employed there. Thanks

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

She has the advantages of an English accent

Those from midland USA would tend to disagree that about the English accent.  

Well I'll  be blowed  :hystery:  And there was I thinking we English Didn't have an Accent but all the others Do! Has someone been lying to me all these years? :)

Jack :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:  

Jack Jack Jack....Bless your little heart. Those poor students want to learn English not whatever it is you-all speak over there. :36_6_3[1]:

post-2148-0-33578600-1452821132.jpg So Hurtful 

post-2148-0-71766600-1452821228_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

One on one would work, you would be working under the radar unlikely anyone would know. Just keep in mind worse case scenario a Filipino family member or someone living nearby were to have an issue with you (grudge) they could turn you in. Again not being overly negative or throwing water on your plan I wish you and your future wife the very best! :cheersty:  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Soupdragon1973
Posted
Posted

Thank you Old55. Its more of an idea at present than an actual plan, just if I have trouble getting her here in UK that's all.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Its my observation that Korean males like to come to Philippines to learn English because it is very cheap and because they are taught by beautiful filipinas who treat the Koreans like Gods.   :hystery:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Sure I can provide a little info on myself if needs be. Here or in the introductions section? I am still in UK and my partner lives in Metro Manila and we plan to marry in March. I was thinking more of one to one private tuition rather than an actual job in a school. I understand its near impossible for a foreigner to be employed there. Thanks

Forum member Carl who teaches english is sure to chime in soon so he can give you an idea of what is needed. 

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Would restrictions still apply after I marry my Filipina gf?

If you are married to a citizen and have a Section 13a visa you do not need an AEP (Alien Employment Permit). You have the right to work in the Philippines and make slave wages.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Another way to do it, and probably legal is to teach English over the internet. My wife does that part time. She works as little or as often as she likes, and hours to suit. With bonus she gets about $6 US per hour. Actually it's per 45 minutes but she has to do a feedback on each student so each lesson takes an hour of her time. If you are a native English speaker (UK or US etc) they pay more, about $10 US. They are based in Taiwan and teach Chinese and Korean students.

My wife was also doing that for about 6 weeks, company based in HK. Strictly Chinese students. No certification requirement. The come on was that you can work whenever you like but after the first month you have to book a minimum number of classes between 7pm-11pm when they have all their demand. She actually liked it but couldn't do it with the 3 year old. There's a reason these companies choose the Philippines and it's not because the quality of English is high.

• Like 1

Soupdragon1973
Posted
Posted

As I say its just an idea at present rather than a formal plan but I thought here would be the best place to ask. Its not even an idea I have ran by my gf yet.

• Like 2