First Timers And Your Driver's License

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2016 at 6:37 AM, andy2001 said:

So are the new restrictive rules still enforce? There still not on the main government site. just that pdf file.

Here in Dumaguete they still require a drug test and medical.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Here in Dumaguete they still require a drug test and medical.

What kind of drug test? Is it some kind of actual test or is it an answer some questions and remit payment like the medical is?

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

What kind of drug test? Is it some kind of actual test or is it an answer some questions and remit payment like the medical is?

Urine test.

andy2001
Posted
Posted
On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:37 PM, andy2001 said:

enforce? There still not on the main government site. just that pdf file.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 7/9/2016 at 6:37 AM, andy2001 said:

So are the new restrictive rules still enforce?

The best answer you are going to get is that your experience in Philippines WILL be different from someone else's.  You will have to try for yourself and if you don't like the result then try in another LTO or in another province etc.

• 5 months later...
Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

How is the eye test done and will a 13a visa be enough to to qualify to get the driver license?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

How is the eye test done and will a 13a visa be enough to to qualify to get the driver license?

In my case, the tester "told" me to cover one eye and read the chart and then "told" me to cover the other and read the chart.  My eyes are not good enough to do that and the tester was not looking so I peeked with both eyes.  Then I went to an optometrist who told me my eyes were fine for my age and I had no need of glasses for distance, just reading glasses and another set for looking at the computer screen.  NOT for driving, so the eye test at LTO is BS if you ask me.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

My tester said "Can you read that chart?"  I said yes and she marked down 20/20. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MartyC
Posted
Posted

Hello all , Do you need a motorcycle endorsement on the Philippines license to ride in the Phils? I have been riding dirt bikes only since I was a kid so never had an endorsement here in the US. I don't know anyone that would loan me their bike to take the test here . I plan on buying one when I get there. I guess my question is ,If I get my regular Philippine DL, how do I get the endorsement added? 

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In my case, the tester "told" me to cover one eye and read the chart and then "told" me to cover the other and read the chart.  My eyes are not good enough to do that and the tester was not looking so I peeked with both eyes.  Then I went to an optometrist who told me my eyes were fine for my age and I had no need of glasses for distance, just reading glasses and another set for looking at the computer screen.  NOT for driving, so the eye test at LTO is BS if you ask me.

I hope that this is doable with glasses.

Another question: For 3 wheeled vehicles like a tricycle which type of DL is needed? Car or motorcycle or an additional type of license?

And are there also any limitations in power of motorcycles? Because in my country I do have a power limitation of currently 25 kw (I can lift that to 35 kw due new european limitations).

Edited by Dr. Shiva