First Timers And Your Driver's License

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dr. Shiva said:

I hope that this is doable with glasses.

Another question: For 3 wheeled vehicles like a tricycle which type of DL is needed? Car or motorcycle or an additional type of license?

And are there also any limitations in power of motorcycles? Because in my country I do have a power limitation of currently 25 kw (I can lift that to 35 kw due new european limitations).

A tricycle is still a motorcycle. In Dumaguete at least an electric tricycle requires no license at all.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In my case, the tester "told" me to cover one eye and read the chart and then "told" me to cover the other and read the chart.  My eyes are not good enough to do that

I have a feeling you were meant to uncover one eye and thats why you could not read the chart. :1927_:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
andy2001
Posted
Posted

If I take a test for a bike. what type of bike will they give me to ride? manual, or automatic?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, andy2001 said:

If I take a test for a bike. what type of bike will they give me to ride? manual, or automatic?

:hystery: Sorry mate but you have to provide your own bike or car :89:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, andy2001 said:

When I got my local licence, just took my Oz licence and gave it to the young lady at the counter, did a medical ( pay 300 pesos and sign the form), drug test (400 pesos and pee in a bottle)  young lady asked me if I wanted car and bike licence, no extra. This was a few years ago and no doubt things have change which they do on a daily basis here, good luck.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, frosty (chris) said:

When I got my local licence, just took my Oz licence and gave it to the young lady at the counter, did a medical ( pay 300 pesos and sign the form), drug test (400 pesos and pee in a bottle)  young lady asked me if I wanted car and bike licence, no extra. This was a few years ago and no doubt things have change which they do on a daily basis here, good luck.

Here in Dumaguete you can get a licence for a car then 1 month later upgrade it to include motor bikes. If you already have motor bikes on it then it is converted straight away.That is if you convert your home country licence to a phills licence.Drug test and medical here are 150 each.My plastic driving licence was ready yesterday and I only had to wait 1/2 hour for that to be done,no cost on that one.

Edited by sonjack2847
Added a word
  • Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Here in Dumaguete you can get a licence for a car

What I want to know is who has been driving 4 cars at the same time? There are 660,000 cars driving on the streets in 12 hours everyday in Duma yet the population of Duma is only 131,000. Huhuhuhuh?

http://www.panaynews.net/over-660t-vehicles-choke-dguete-streets/

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, jpbago said:

There are 660,000 cars driving on the streets in 12 hours everyday in Duma yet the population of Duma is only 131,000.

The people who live in Duma can walk or take a tricycle.  Its the people who live in the outlying areas who have to drive to town. :morning1:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 12/25/2016 at 0:27 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

In my case, the tester "told" me to cover one eye and read the chart and then "told" me to cover the other and read the chart.  My eyes are not good enough to do that and the tester was not looking so I peeked with both eyes.  Then I went to an optometrist who told me my eyes were fine for my age and I had no need of glasses for distance, just reading glasses and another set for looking at the computer screen.  NOT for driving, so the eye test at LTO is BS if you ask me.

I wonder how I will go, have macular degeneration in one eye 20/20 almost in the other, but see fine, little bit of long distance problem but certainly no driving problems?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I wonder how I will go

Some of the testers will understand that.  More will understand if you write it down, on the back of 100 peso bill.

EDIT:  Joke only, I have never tried and don't recommend corruption of any kind :popcorn:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3