First Timers And Your Driver's License

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

I got 3 year but only because I got it on my birthday.:hystery:

I actually got 2 years 2 months,if I had known and waited it would have been 5 years.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Howard said:

I lucked out the last time and was issued an actual plastic license, but it sounds like they still have a supply shortage and I will probably get a stupid piece of paper on renewal.  

In Carcar they now have plastic, at least they did last month.  I carried the paper temporary for 13 months.  Now if we could just get the "new" license plates that we paid 500 peso for two years ago. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yesterday I went to LTO for this very purpose and was told that I had to return when I had been here 60 days as I can drive on my foreign licence till then.  I was also told I had to have an ACR card but this I believe is incorrect according to the 'requirement form' he handed me and I did not read till I got home.  It makes no mention of ACR card and this is verified from other members who have travelled up the same road.

Looks like same same here as Thailand, visit 10 times and get 10 different answers to the same question.  Will just fly by the seat of my pants when the time comes.

Edited by mogo51
OOps
  • Like 2