Posted

On number 4 what is an sp?

Student Permit.

Where can I get one of those?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Where can I get one of those?

Ask me about it when we visit on Feb 4.   :thumbsup:   Or just go to your local LTO and ask if you can get one.  Its good for a year.  But as was mentioned, we should:

Try to keep the New License posts over on the other Mike S. topic, to keep them consolidated there and avoid confusion.  That is an important topic to many of you and we are all interested to hear what comes of it.
  • Like 1

luke
Posted
Posted

B. Student Permit for Foreigners

Qualifications:

1. Must be at least sixteen (16) years old.
2. Must know how to read and write in English or Filipino.
3. Must have arrived in the Philippines for at least one (1) month prior to the date of application with LTO and can show evidence from BID/DFA that he will stay in the country for at least five (5) months from the date of application.

Requirements:

•  Properly Accomplished Application for Driver’s License
•  Original Birth Certificate with Photocopy
     -  NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
•  Medical Certificate issued by any licensed physician practicing in the Philippines
•  Original and Photocopy of Passport
•  Alien Certificate of Registration I-card

Procedures:

1. Proceed to the Customer Service Counter to get your checklist of requirements and secure a Driver’s License Application Form. (This form is available for download here. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.) Get a queue number and wait for your number to be called.
2. When your number is called, proceed to evaluator counter and submit all the required documents and have it checked for completeness and authenticity.
3. Proceed to the Photo taking /Signature Area to have your picture and signature taken when your name is called.
4. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt.
5. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called and present the Official Receipt and claim the Student Driver’s Permit.

Venue: For Metro Manila Applicants
Licensing Section - Central Office
East Avenue, Quezon City

For Provincial Applicants
Any Licensing Center/ Designated District Office

Fees and Charges:

Student Permit (SP) Fee Php. 150.00 Application Fee 100.00 Computer Fee 67.63 TOTAL 317.63

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

If I read the direction correctly: http://www.lto.gov.ph/images/Home/Advisory/AVT_2015_031.pdf

Ill. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS

A. Qualifications:

1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years old;

2. Must be physically and mentally fit to operate a motor vehicle;

3. Must be able to read and write Filipino, English or the applicable local dialect;

4. Must be a holder of a valid SP issued at least thirty (30) days prior to the application; and

5. In addition, for foreigners. the applicant must have been in the Philippines for at least one {1) month with proof that he/she will stay in the country for at least one {1) year from date of application.

A balikbayan visa in my opinion is not proof you will stay in the country for 1 year; you can leave anytime. And you would have to go immediately on arrival to the LTO office to apply or risk a laps of a day....

Either you have to present a work contract or some sort of proof you will live in the country for 1 year.

Perhaps a rental agreement or maybe a certificate of registration at the Embassy for those who live here already for more than one year. 

You copied the first part from page 3 (A.Qualifications:) but missed the second part (B. Documentary Requirements) which in line #4 requires a passport with entry of at least 1 month AND visa duration of at least 1 year.

So part A gives the rule and part B says how you provide proof of A  :chickendance:

Technically I suppose the only way to PROVE you are staying for a year is to be serving a jail sentence - which kind of defeats the need for a license.  :bash:

• Like 3

luke
Posted
Posted

Yep, too bad for first timers on a tourist visa.  :th_unfair:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Why is this not on the government link

One thing I have noticed about web pages in the Philippines Andy is that it is hit or miss as to how current they are. Put that together with how fast rules and regulations change here, chances are something on a government web site is out of date by the time you get to that particular office. If that office is not operating under its own set of rules that is lololol.  :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Why is this not on the government link

One thing I have noticed about web pages in the Philippines Andy is that it is hit or miss as to how current they are. Put that together with how fast rules and regulations change here, chances are something on a government web site is out of date by the time you get to that particular office. If that office is not operating under its own set of rules that is lololol.  :cheersty:

:89:  Don't they anyway?  :whistling:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Why is this not on the government link below which appears to be the official site.

Because getting truth on the Internet is hard and its why we have this forum.  But that page does indeed say:

Visit www.lto.gov.ph for more information.

• Like 1

andy2001
Posted
Posted

One option would be to get an SRRV visa than cancel it to get back the deposit, and switch to a tourist visa. But this would still cost $1400.

• Like 1