Bi Location Questions

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Good morning!

I've decided to relocate to Angeles and I have a couple of questions. My first 29 day extension is due on the 24th and I'm moving from Manila to Angeles on the 23rd.

1) Does it matter which office I go to for my extension? The address on my application will be in Angeles, so do I need to go the that office specifically?

2) If I do the extension in Manila before I go, will I have to come back to Manila for subsequent extensions or can I change offices midstream?

3) If I do the extension in Angeles, can it be done on Monday the 25th without overstay penalty since their office is closed on Sunday the 24th?

4) And finally, where can I go to get my ever-so-attractive photos done for my application?

My apologies if these have been answered before, but the site search function using my phone is less than helpful.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Good morning to you Miss Bellacissa,

Please give our fellow senior members more time to get themselves up so early in the morning.  And please give us more time to achieve full alertness with our thoughts.....he, he.

I'm sure within the hour, you will be inundated with semi coherent answers and possibly even the correct ones!

Have a nice day!  Respectfully -- Jake 

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

I'm actually shocked that my post was coherent. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee. My internet works better in the wee hours of the morning, so I got up early to post.

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

You should do it before or on the due date, if later you will be charged. Weekends and public holidays are no excuse! I believe you can renew at any office.

Lots of photo places in the malls, you will need 2"x2" for extension, not passport size!!

Edited by virginprune
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

See below:

1) Does it matter which office I go to for my extension?

No

The address on my application will be in Angeles, so do I need to go the that office specifically?

No

2) If I do the extension in Manila before I go, will I have to come back to Manila for subsequent extensions or can I change offices midstream?

No to going back to Manila.  Can be done at any office.

3) If I do the extension in Angeles, can it be done on Monday the 25th without overstay penalty since their office is closed on Sunday the 24th?

No

4) And finally, where can I go to get my ever-so-attractive photos done for my application?

All the malls have places like "Photoline" that take the photos very cheaply.  And there are lots of places on the streets too.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My first 29 day extension is due on the 24th and I'm moving from Manila to Angeles on the 23rd. 1) Does it matter which office I go to for my extension?

Yes.  And No.

You can do it anywhere but if you want the 6 month extension you have to start and continue getting all your extensions at a BI office that gives 6 month extensions (that would be Manila).

Also, you will be forced to get a ACR card after being here two months.  Be careful where you want to extend your visa as that is where you have to go back to and pick up the ACR card

Also, there is now the ARP which means you have to register if you haven't done so and that will have to be done at the spot you are doing all the other renewals.

So pick an office that you will stick with and get to know the staff.  You will be there once every two months and they will know you.  That is unless you want the 6 month visa.  Simple enough, yes?

• Like 2

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

My first 29 day extension is due on the 24th and I'm moving from Manila to Angeles on the 23rd. 1) Does it matter which office I go to for my extension?

Yes. And No.

You can do it anywhere but if you want the 6 month extension you have to start and continue getting all your extensions at a BI office that gives 6 month extensions (that would be Manila).

Also, you will be forced to get a ACR card after being here two months. Be careful where you want to extend your visa as that is where you have to go back to and pick up the ACR card

Also, there is now the ARP which means you have to register if you haven't done so and that will have to be done at the spot you are doing all the other renewals.

So pick an office that you will stick with and get to know the staff. You will be there once every two months and they will know you. That is unless you want the 6 month visa. Simple enough, yes?

After the hoops I jumped through in Thailand, this is very simple indeed.

I'm just going to do it here in Manila this time. I don't want to risk an overstay fine and I don't want to make an extra trip to Clark. I'll have to go back to the states in April or May to pick up my son anyway, so I don't need to worry about the six month one just yet.

Thanks all!

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Yes. And No.

Also, you will be forced to get a ACR card after being here two months. Be careful where you want to extend your visa as that is where you have to go back to and pick up the ACR card

So pick an office that you will stick with and get to know the staff. You will be there once every two months and they will know you. That is unless you want the 6 month visa. Simple enough, yes?

After the hoops I jumped through in Thailand, this is very simple indeed.

I'm just going to do it here in Manila this time. I don't want to risk an overstay fine and I don't want to make an extra trip to Clark. I'll have to go back to the states in April or May to pick up my son anyway, so I don't need to worry about the six month one just yet.

Thanks all!

Are you another expat fed up with what is going on here in Thailand?  I have been coming and going here 8 years, last 2 full times.

Or is it other reasons that you are moving?  

I will be following you in 18 months, as I have had enough of Thailand.  My partner is Filipino and we are in Pattaya.

Good luck with the move.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Lots of photo places in the malls, you will need 2"x2" for extension, not passport size!!

Last week at the BI, an Englishman came in with his visa ext app completed with 2 photos glued on the top left. The lady asked what is this. He showed her the bottom of the form where it said Photo 2. The form had been copied many times so all it showed was Photo 2 The X 2 was not there.

Two others had overstayed and had to pay 8,350p each. Then the super came out and asked one of the security to get the police. I guess there is no 911 so he went out to the street to the nearby NBI. It was very busy at 11 AM to noon. One guy was complaining that he had to go to Iloilo to renew his ACR card as they renew only the tourist ones in Bacolod.

BI Bacolod does the 6 month extensions now.

Bellacissa
Posted
Posted

Are you another expat fed up with what is going on here in Thailand? I have been coming and going here 8 years, last 2 full times.

Or is it other reasons that you are moving?

I will be following you in 18 months, as I have had enough of Thailand. My partner is Filipino and we are in Pattaya.

Good luck with the move.

The original plan when we moved to Pattaya a year ago was to start buying condos and preparing to retire there. The junta killed that dream. I didn't see an end to the constant military take over merry-go-round and the immigration hoops were multiplying by the day. People being imprisoned for 7 years for liking a Facebook post was the last straw. I can't live with that level of oppression. I'm too American. Lol.

Phils is a lot friendlier on the immigration front, and I like having a touch more west in the east / west mixture. Don't get me wrong, I love Thailand and will visit often, but living there long term is just not for me.

• Like 2