How Many Single Expats Living Here In The Philippines ?

bows00
Posted
Posted
Most likely if a guy is here for any amount of time, is NOT in a relationship we pretty much know what his game is. Is that the type of guy you want as an in law?

Super prototypically NOT true.  The smart single guy that has done his research will realize that his best option is to start his search for a Filipina upon arrival - with boots on the ground.  In addition, he will take his time to get to know the girl before making any long term commitments. 

Unless you are suggesting that your Filipina friend get hooked up with desperate losers, there is nothing wrong with being single and taking your time if your intentions are serious.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Please notice Bows, I said "most likely", There always exceptions.

• Like 1

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

Single and about to spend a significant amount of time in the Philippines.

I am not looking to marry the first girl I meet.  Also am not looking to get around as many as possible - I am single and I enjoy it.  I have met a few - some nice, some not so nice.... Pretty much the same mix as meeting someone in Melbourne.

But, I have been to Cebu about 10 times for various lengths of time (1-10 days) and I still haven't been to Mango Avenue.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't know what I am anymore...

The one I came here to marry got scared and ran away...  Met another who I am having trouble getting along without and i'm praying that she can get the problems sorted out so we can be together again...  So, to screw things up, I"m casually talking to the first one again...  I get so confused sometimes...

:mocking:  :1 (103):  :unsure:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

.  I get so confused sometimes...

“We often confuse what we wish for with what is.” 

Neil Gaiman

Just saying

Jack :) 

mogo51
Posted
Posted

hmmmm, first question, what definition of single are you using?

1)Not married

2)Not in a relationship

:999:

not married and not in a relationship !

Are you advertising???

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The smart single guy that has done his research will realize that his best option is to start his search for a Filipina upon arrival - with boots on the ground. 

Bows00, I quote your post because the comment you made is very accurate.  I don't want to direct my next points at you personally, just at the concept you brought up.

I meet quite a few 'smart guys' who will move a girl in for a while to do their research and then push them out the door when they realize that this is "not the one to marry, next!"

I have only met a handful of 'smart single guys' who live alone while they do their research but I am sure there are some, I just seldom meet them.

The difference of opinion I have with others is, I don't think a guy is really single when he is living with a girl for a couple of months, telling her they are 'just friends' and looking for the next while the girl he is living with is trying desperately to prove she is the 'right one' to marry.

I think that single guys, who will date a girl and only have her stay over one or two nights a week, should make it clear that they are dating other girls at the same time,   They should also encourage the lady to do the same.  That is the smart way to stay a single expat, whether looking to marry or not. Of course this is just my personal experience, opinion, and the way I do things.  

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was introduced to Walter. He was around my age mid sixties at the time. He had some part time work giving Human Resources seminars, and had a few pensions coming in. He had an apartment or condo in Pasay. This was before I met Gina, I was in another relationship but problems kept coming up.

My mate who introduced me to Wxxxxx told me, why don't you do like he does, stay single and keep yourself free. He thought it's a nice lifestyle.

I talked to Wxxxxx, but he didn't say much initially.

Later he tells me.....I have a girl in the province, one of 16 children (What?), she's my GF but I sent her home to set up a Sari Sari so she can help her family. I set up the premises on rent and I'm sending her $300/month. But she's having difficulty, she wants more.

So how single was Wxxxxx?

Yes it's too unbelievable but Wxxxxx certainly bought into it.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have an English friend who runs a business in Subic. He has done so for 20 years now. When he arrived he was married to a Korean , but after ten years or so she got fed up with the Philippines and went home and they divorced. He had a long serious relationship with a Filipina but that broke up a couple of years ago, as did another short term one - both very nice middle class ladies. He is currently single, in good condition, physically and financially, he is certainly not gay, and he is regularly pointed out as the most eligible bachelor in Subic.   

So, yes, I know an expatriate in the Philippines who actually lives on his own and is genuinely single.

At least,e is single at the moment and has been that way for a year.

He is the only one I know.

K and I were discussing why you never see a foreign wife in the Philippines and I explained the concept of "coals to Newcastle".

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

putidako
Posted
Posted (edited)

most single guys in the Philippines want to stay single. Having come to the conclusion years ago, that while marrying one of the uncountable large number of available women here will benefit the woman HUGELY, is not likely to benefit them, the foreign guy, anything like as much.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed unnecessary word