How Many Single Expats Living Here In The Philippines ?

chris49
Posted
Posted

most single guys in the Philippines want to stay single. Having come to the conclusion years ago, that while marrying one of the uncountable large number of available women here will benefit the woman HUGELY, is not likely to benefit them, the foreign guy, anything like as much.

Although I accept the reality that a certain number of foreigners prefer the single life. I still feel there are a lot of tangible and intangible benefits to marrying a Filipina. The longer you stay, the more likely it becomes.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was single for the last year I spent in the Philippines and I would not allow a girl to move in with me until I knew it was going to be permanent. Temptation and opportunity came my way many times but that would screw any chance of something permanent because word gets around. Have your fun on holiday but not if you are seriously looking for a wife. Even if you are not mucking around, any woman you are seen with automatically becomes your GF. Several times I have asked Filipinas what exactly they mean by GF and they refuse to answer, which is an answer in itself and the answer you need to keep in mind.

• Like 1

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

I have lived here for 3 years as a " single" and kinda available guy :) and I love it ..came here to marry, after a 7 yr long distance relationship, with only 4 week visits , once a year. And, as many do, found out if you,re not here boots on the ground, things can, and will go amiss ..

Anyway. I decided to stay, and tough it out as a single guy :) .

As it turns out. Its gone ok for me. No shortage of companions, and made a few nice expat friends along the way ..

Probably I will never marry, though at some point I might look for a more permanent arrangement.

If I do marry, the Australian Govt will REDUCE my pension by approximately 1/3 ! !

So there's good enough reason not to do it, and stay single ..

• Like 2

putidako
Posted
Posted

For me there's just no reason, at all, to marry one of them. It benefits them, sure. And sometimes to an extraordinary degree. But it doesn't benefit us anything like the same way.

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I live here in Cebu City. I'm single and love to mingle! Nuff said!

scottpush
Posted
Posted

I'm planning on moving to PI in a year or so.  I've pretty much been single my whole life so will be single there also.  I also agree that if you get married the lady has a lot to gain and the guy has a lot to lose.  So I'll be cautious and stay single for awhile.  See what happens. 

bows00
Posted
Posted
For me there's just no reason, at all, to marry one of them. It benefits them, sure. And sometimes to an extraordinary degree. But it doesn't benefit us anything like the same way

Obviously coming from a financial perspective only. 

What price can you put on a Filipina's love?  And the backing of a Filipino family culture?  To me, priceless...