Best Time To Fly To Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I once read that the cheapest day to fly is Tuesday.  My flight bookings have mainly tended to confirm that but there is usually not much difference between a Tuesday sale and a Wed or Thurs sale.

Best time to fly into Philippines is late in the evening, in my opinion.  The traffic is good and I can go straight to my hotel and sleep.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I strongly suggest you go to an Asian travel agency there must be a few in Atlanta.

Be sure that the agency is registered in your state/province in case you need a refund. In Ontario, it is Tico. Be sure that the agency has a physical location not just Wun Hung Lo with a laptop.

Some agencies have a price protection guarantee in that if the price drops after your purchase and stays there on your departure date, you get 100% of that drop in credit on your next purchase.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I used to always fly at night but too many people started accusing me of being a fly by nighter.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I usually fly United Airlines and book directly on their website. I found I could get a good rate on the flights I wanted by booking directly with the airline.

In your case I found a price of $1084 round trip from Atlanta to Manila for the 1/24 to 2/7 dates.

Just wanted to give you a heads up when using United's website.  The outbound leg of the trip is $1084.  The total cost is around $1660.  I went to the website and had trouble figuring it out and called United.  First, you have to choose your departing flight, then you see the return flights.  You choose your return flight and then....your grand total.

BobP

Hmm.. I have always seen a round trip flight available for the lowest price on the calendar. Of course it can change if you choose a different return flight. Or sometimes prices change in mid searching due to other factors like fewer seats available. Prices are dynamic and change all the time. As others have said the key is to be flexible on your travel dates and be ready to pull the trigger when you find a good deal.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Clear the cookies on your computer occasionally, sometimes that great deal that you just missed reappears. I'm pretty sure they track you and the price keeps rising the more you look.

I don't just search for price. Often times, flying from Dallas Tx., $100 is the difference between 20 hours to the Philippines and 30 hours to the Philippines and I will gladly pay $10 an hour to make the trip shorter. :thumbsup:

• Like 3