What To Bring List

robert k
Posted
Posted

I carried a leatherman tool with no problems. But then I was never asked. I think it is like Mexico where you could be arrested for carrying an unregistered screwdriver, sort of a catch all law.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
This interests me, since I always carry a pocket knife. Doesn't the term "or in pursuit of a lawful activity" make it ok?

That is kind of what makes it a weird law...  Going to the mall is a lawful activity - but do you 'need' the knife there? When I talked about buying a small knife to carry with me, for restaurant use, my wife freaked out and said it was illegal to carry one.  I also know some Filipinos that were OFW's in America, they got in the habit of carrying a pocket knife in the US and still carry one here. I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. Being a foreigner, I quit carrying my pocket knife - just to avoid any legal trouble...   :tiphat:

MJFrost
Posted
Posted

Strange as it may seem some of the Things I did bring my wife either can't or won't use them.

I had to teach my wife how to use a can opener - I don't allow my good Sabatier knives to open cans (regardless of the safety issues). She won't use the porcelain dishes. She says she is scared of breaking them... but she serves my food on them, and she washes them... so why not use them herself? ...don't argue ha ha. It took her a while to start using my good cookware, but once she got over her fear of hurting them, she realized how nice they are to cook with. (All my kitchenware is older than she is ha ha)

She did quickly learn to appreciate good sheets - I should have brought more. She still won't use my good bath towels, though., Balikbayan boxes are cheap. I say send it... you can always give stuff away later. :tiphat:

Send and give it away...Good idea!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

MJFrost
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay, it's interesting to hear that even near Subic it's not easy to find large clothes that fit. That was going to be my advice to the OP, bring clothes that fit him. I'm not huge at 6'3" 225, but I always end up doing my clothes shopping at the ukay-ukay second hand store. 2XL shirts and 34X34 pants are not in big demand here, evidently. Quality tools are over-priced also. Good luck to MJFrost...sure you are excited for your move!

Hi Larry - I'm stoked. I'm in Baloy beach on a 6 month pilot run and loving it. Back to Portland in April, try get back here by July.

• Like 2

MJFrost
Posted
Posted

Yes, here is some must haves: Can openers. Can openers. Can openers. A pizza stone. Don't bring glasses. Also, I have more than 400K ebooks. So if you are a reader, PM me if you like.

Hi Greg - Can't find pm on Tapatalk on my Droid... Happy to share EBs

• Like 1