How Well Do You Trust Your Partner

davewe
Posted
Posted

Didn't I read a couple or so weeks ago somewhere that that a Filipina was arrested for exactly that kind of fraud?

It happens every day some we hear about others we just read about but I don't think we have ever had it happen to any member here. Yes there have been a couple of Bad ones but not like Bruce posted.

That's the beauty of this Forum, we are in the main Settled Responsible People. "A fool and his money are soon parted" Not so here because we are cautious and have thrown away those Rose coloured Glasses years ago. Those that say 100% know where they are, those are at a level below will get there I am sure. Mainly I would like to think because we all listen to each other and many problems can be averted. To close on this, I am still and will be 100% Sure. :)

Not quite Jack :) I had a Filipina "girfriend" before my wife whose deceptive antics were world class. I blogged about it. Fact is very little money was involved and like any man with a broken heart in the Philippines, there was a great woman, now my wife, ready to help me mend. 

Yep, I got screwed over, but it was sure fun getting screwed :)

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

"Trust but verify."

That is my motto too  :hystery:

In my life I have not always been 100% trustworthy.  I have made mistakes.  In fact every single one of my friends have made mistakes at some point in their life.  Mistakes that go uncorrected tend to lead to huge misunderstadings and often worse.

So to those people who trust 100% and "know' their partner is never going to make a mistake, my hat is off to you, my heart goes out to you, and my brain has another word that is not so flattering.  But I love you all for your trust and commitment.

I have caught Yvonne making 'mistakes' and that has prompted some great dialogue and closer ties.  Lets take lying for example.  Everybody lies!  If your wife says "does this dress make my ass look fat" and you do not lie you are not too bright.  The dialogue comes with knowing what level of lying is acceptable to each person in the relationship.

Example:  I know of some expat/filipina couples where the husband actively encourages his partner to go online and lie to guys who are dumb enough to believe and send money.  Seriously!  And I know other couples who have discussed such a thing and came to the conclusion that it breaks personal boundaries that are more important than the money.  But there is a third group of ladies who just do it and do not say anything to their trusting partners because they do not even see it as wrong.

As we can see, this is a much deeper subject than just saying Yes, I trust her.  Let me say I trust Yvonne 100% in the areas I know I can trust her with.

I agree with this post 100% and to those of you who trust 100% I am happy for you I just cannot bring myself to be this way again after what happened before in the UK.Anyway we all seem to be happy on here so lets just carry on with our lives. Hey have a beer.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I was taken to the cleaners twice in the UK,so it took a little longer to realize what a twit I was,

Now I am with Ems, I understand the meaning of love and respect,

100% I love and trust her, why I hold the bank account and the house mine in England the house in the Phil's is Emma's, she has her own saving too,

Yes still 100% ,

Maybe because I have learnt from my past plus I am not looking anymoor I have all I want already

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Does anybody remember why they split with their western partner are they not the same as the women here? 

Yes, I remember but have mostly put that all behind me at least the worst of it. 

No. With few exceptions not the same.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Does anybody remember why they split with their western partner are they not the same as the women here? 

Now, to switch up on your question a bit......

Are they (Filipina) the same once in a Western Country?

A topic I have been kicking around for a long time.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not at all, they change,if they are lucky they will work and suddenly they can have what they have only dreamed of,stupid shoes ,stupid handbags and stupid friends who like them think they are rich,

You may wonder why after saying how much I love my wife I am saying this,

Well they do change if you let them, its always nice to have new things but not things that even yourself would never buy, you just have to pull them back the odd time and just remind them where we both came from and what we are both working for

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Now, to switch up on your question a bit......

Are they (Filipina) the same once in a Western Country?

A topic I have been kicking around for a long time.

If you have spent a few years with your Filipina in the PI and there has been no change, then not likely there will be a change later when in a Western country. Some Filipinas get a "big head" in the PI once they are with a foreigner so those ones could be a problem in a Western country. Some Filipinas get a big head in the PI with a Filipino if they come into some money, even if it is illicit or borrowed.

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

If I went through her phone what would I expect to find?  All her text are in that crazy slang of Kinaray-a, Illongo, Tagalog, and English - abbreviated beyond recognition.  She could be openly plotting my murder and I would have no clue ha ha.

So I don't bother looking.  I doubt she looks at mine ...and if she did, there is nothing to find.

Also, when we are out I am to busy looking at girls to even think of looking at her phone :tiphat:

That's true, Tim. I guess that can apply the FB posts and Skype, phone calls, etc...If they look over at you with an evil eye vs a loving eye than maybe there's cause for concern

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well she did threaten me today...

We were walking from the jeepney to the grocery store and these 2 cute girls smiled real big like.  (they both looked very near 18 - a little above or below, not sure).  You could see their eyes light up and huge smiles.  As we walk past I tell my wife "hey, those girls are smiling at you." She said they were smiling at me not her.  So I pretended like i was turning back around... and she said she would hit me in the mouth.  She is so mean ha ha.  :tiphat:

• Like 5