Shopping Online: Amazon, Lazada, Facebook Groups ?

Ron S
Posted
Posted

Hello I'm new to this forum and to the Philippines, I'm living in Olongapo area. I was wondering besides the local malls etc, what online places are available for purchasing items new and or used ? ebay, Lazada ( if any good ) etc ?

I recall reading online about people having items shipped from united States Amazon and was wondering if that is a safe way to get items without any hassles and huge shipping expenses as have to go through a special carrier ?

any advice here would be appreciatted

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Hi Ron, and welcome to the forum.

There are many topics about online shopping if you don't get the info that your looking on this thread, search past topics.

In short: I live in Metro Manila and have used Amazon in the past. My experience has been positive up to a point. Unlike the States, all of my Amazon purchases were delivered via PhilPost. I had to go to the post office to pick it up (DVD's) where it was opened in front of the customs rep there and I had to pay VAT on it. All my purchases arrived and none were tampered with. But it is slow! fastest was 3 weeks, slowest 8 weeks. Oh, no additional shipping expenses if I remember correctly.

Again, welcome aboard :cheersty:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I never actually had the circumstance to use Lazada but I heard good things from someone who did. I look forward to my chance to try them out myself.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ron. Welcome to the. Forum. I haven't so far used the likes of Lazada or amazon here in the phils. I did send stuff over using Thai Post which used Phil Post for the delivery to my local post office here. All arrived safely and I was not asked to pay any duty, so I guess you could be lucky.

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Not a Philippines experience answer but an overseas experience. Items ordered Amazon fulfillment have made it to me in Hong Kong in 5-7 days (a week Faster than the estimated time), items purchased on ebay are taking a couple weeks (at least) longer than the automatically generated shipping estimate. One of the merchants said it usually takes a month longer, not on the site mind you but by email after I asked him to verify shipping status.

I have a FedEx package shipped yesterday that is supposed to arrive in Dumaguette next Wednesday, hopefully I will remember to update here how that works out.

GregZ
Posted
Posted

I just used OLX to buy a VERY slightly used crib for 35% off its price at SM Mall in Cebu. Just look in search results for classified ads. You should find them easily. Use proper caution when dealing this way.

I am buying a lot of small items from Lazada. Previously I had bad experience with them.

1. Refrigerator damaged in shipment with never a solution to amend.

2. Poor packaging led to damaged items.

A few here had high praise and I value opinions here, so I tried again. I ordered 20+ small items over a 4 day period taking advantage of a discount code each time.

The items are arriving 1 to 3 each day via the same Lazada Express delivery man. They are VERY WELL PACKED with plenty of bubble wrap. Absolutely not a complaint thus far.

I am getting things like baking dishes, flash drive, 1.5 tb external drive, baby items and wiring for electronics. There are a lot of sale items there now.

Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
There are a lot of sale items there now.

Are you getting free shipping? I find that shipping is expensive on eBay and Amazon. I did one purchase on Lazada with free shipping in 4 days, pay on delivery.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum, I have also used Amazon.com without any problems.

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

There are a lot of sale items there now.

Are you getting free shipping? I find that shipping is expensive on eBay and Amazon. I did one purchase on Lazada with free shipping in 4 days, pay on delivery.
Yes, free shipping. I use the app on Android also, but go look at the Internet to get 200 off per 2000 purchase, or whatever they are offering. It was 100 off 700 purchase once.

Right now snug15 will get you 15% off, but read the small print. 1000 minimum purchase and only a 200 max discount and not electronics. So at 1333 you are out of discount. This is why I placed several orders over 4-5 days.

I also ONLY do cash on delivery. I tried other ways but they cost money. You have to read on each item if COD is available to your area.

Edit: When looking at the items in the Lazada app it shows 100 peso shipping fee. When I go to checkout it shows as free shipping. *shrug*

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)

There was a recent thread here about Lazarda which convinced me to give it a shot.

So far have purchased about 5 different items with 100% success, no problems. This is not say it's perfect as other can attest to, our items a small and would be reluctant to purchase a larger one site unseen. Most savings was on medical supplements.

Edited by RBM
  • Like 3