Shopping Online: Amazon, Lazada, Facebook Groups ?

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

Ok, I get it that it seems to come out ok, as far as delivery goes. But what about the prices and selection? A seagate 2tb external HD is P4580 which is $97, and a 4tb is P10,290 which is $219. On amazon they are $80 and $139. A flea collar is $6.19 at amazon and $18 on Lazada. Yes I am poor, so this is a big difference for me.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

As with all online shopping some of the offers are not as good as you could get in the high street.Some of the offers are very good I received my orders Via LBC.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
But what about the prices and selection?

As with all things, its buyer beware.  I found a phone on Lazada last year that shipped from Hong Kong and turned out to be one of the best values I have ever found on line.  RBM tuned me in to some melatonin on Lazada that is in transit as I write and it looks to be a great value.   On the other hand, Yvonne wanted a certain hat that we found cheaper in Lee Plaza, here in town and I wanted a laptop battery that was much, much cheaper from aliexpress which has horrible shipping  (been 1 and a half months and still  not here).but cheap prices.

• Like 1

Ron S
Posted
Posted

thank you allll for the replies :)

i was not aware of OLX < perfect seems like Filipino version of Ebay :)

sorry for slow response, some reason not getting email notifications

Lost
Posted
Posted

OLX is more like craigslist than Ebay.

Not sure if it was mentioned but if you order from outside the Philippines, like Amazon, expect a hefty tax added upon delivery. Could be 100% or more and you have no choice but to pay it. By the time you pay the extortion you are better off with Lazada.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
By the time you pay the extortion

If your referring to the VAT we have to pay for some Amazon purchases, thing is it is not really extortion. But a legal tariff on imported goods. On my first Amazon purchase, I got all up on my high horse and nicely asked the gentleman in charge at the post office. He was a nice guy, he invited me into his office and we researched the regulation together. (like most folks anywhere, he had never read the regulation, just had been doing it because that is what he was taught). Low and behold there it was in black and white. Try as I could I couldn't twist the words (as sometimes can be done with government goggelty gook) I couldn't beat it. It is a real regulation and just one of the things we have to put up with if we live here. :cheersty:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Did you check your spam folder? Also try clicking on Follow this topic at the top right. 

Lost
Posted
Posted (edited)

By the time you pay the extortion

If your referring to the VAT we have to pay for some Amazon purchases, thing is it is not really extortion. But a legal tariff on imported goods. On my first Amazon purchase, I got all up on my high horse and nicely asked the gentleman in charge at the post office. He was a nice guy, he invited me into his office and we researched the regulation together. (like most folks anywhere, he had never read the regulation, just had been doing it because that is what he was taught). Low and behold there it was in black and white. Try as I could I couldn't twist the words (as sometimes can be done with government goggelty gook) I couldn't beat it. It is a real regulation and just one of the things we have to put up with if we live here. :cheersty:

I didn't say it wasn't a real "regulation," but it IS government sanctioned extortion. A 100-300% tax, decided arbitrarily, is why everyone bypasses taxes with balikbayan boxes. If these people would charge a reasonable tax on imported goods they would come out way ahead. But accept things as they are, right?

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Removed word.Do not call people monkeys. This is why you're still on moderation

Ron S
Posted
Posted

Did you check your spam folder? Also try clicking on Follow this topic at the top right. 

thank you, yes working now, no idea where went other time

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
A 100-300% tax,

The DVD's I bought from Amazon, and delivered through Philpost were charged 12.5% VAT.