Question About Legal Responsibilities Marrying

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think some people have their heads in the sand and are possibly sheltered and / or don't get out much. Case in point 1. Hadn't been boots on the ground long last time and met a 34 yo woman online. Met for dinner, she brought her son. Well and good. Next time met at her families home. Very nice house. 90% of their budget came from relatives overseas. No bar. In fact it wasn't the woman I was meeting but her mother who wanted to drain my pocket! Didn't work out.

Case in point 2. I was in the city and decided to use a net café rather than my phone because of the bigger screen. met a woman 30 yo. Good family that owned several businesses. net café in multiple cities, fish, ice cream, trucking, mechanic shop. No bar. She lied a lot, which took her out of the running. I spent some time with her even after I told her she was not the one. paid her to clean my house because she had a need to make more money than she made at the net café. She contracted leprosy with wounds on her feet, I bought her medicine. I paid about 8K piso to have some teeth pulled and a denture. I looked at this as employee medical. I tried to teach her that you don't need to lie. When you lie to someone, you are saying they have power over you. I taught her to turn your phone off when you go to the movies. I explained to her that often each new day can be better than the last, but it takes effort. If you do nothing to make it better, likely the new day will be the same or worse than yesterday. She decided she wanted to move in with me, I took her and her stuff home. If she took what I tried to show her to heart she will make someone a good wife one day but I didn't have 5 years to make sure it took.

I will heed the advise I got here. Associating with people whose families have 10 businesses or more only! as 5 businesses are evidently not enough.

I think some people are insulated and isolated. I didn't spend any more time indoors than I had to. I ate whole large pizzas at Shakey's and drank regular cokes by the 1.5L bottle ate 3/4 kilo fried breaded pork chops and at the end of 11 months I had lost 15 kilos. I wore out 4 pairs of shoes. I met a lot of people, from great great grandmothers to a man who harangued me for 20 minutes about his sister who worked for a foreigner who didn't pay her. I could only understand half of what he was saying but I listened because he had a need so great to get it off his chest that he would spill it all over a total stranger, I wanted him to unburden himself.

Some people assume and you know what they say about assume, except really, it does NOT make an ass out of me. :tiphat:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If you go out to play you meet other players.

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Having just celebrated my Wedding Anniversary with some good friends... 

That's me though Folks.

Jack :)

How many people are you married to??? Oh wait, that's with friends not to them, never-mind.  :crack-up:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
at the end of 11 months I had lost 15 kilos. I wore out 4 pairs of shoes

I agree, shoes are crappy here.  I also go through about 4 pairs of shoes a year when bought locally and doing a lot of walking, although the ones I bought in the street market of Hong Kong seemed to last longer.

I suppose the moral is you gotta wear out a lot of shoes (boots - on the ground) to find the best girl for you.  :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I agree, shoes are crappy here.  I also go through about 4 pairs of shoes a year when bought locally and doing a lot of walking, although the ones I bought in the street market of Hong Kong seemed to last longer.

I suppose the moral is you gotta wear out a lot of shoes (boots - on the ground) to find the best girl for you.  :tiphat:

Gloria Hunniford ( A well known UK [Northern Irish] TV personality) once said

" My Granny always told us, Buy the best Shoes & Bed you can afford as you are either in one or the Other"

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
" My Granny always told us, Buy the best Shoes & Bed you can afford as you are either in one or the Other"

Are you suggesting I should change my "moral of the story" to:

:hystery:

I suppose the moral is you gotta wear out a lot of shoes (and beds) to find the best girl for you
Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I suppose the moral is you gotta wear out a lot of shoes (and beds) to find the best girl for you

As if I would such a thing  :hystery:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought that the "lot of shoes" was to lose weight to find the best girl. The OP lost 15 kilos or 1/3 of a Filipina.

Edited by jpbago
  • Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Dave, I brought the fairly good quality shoes from the states because I knew the cost of poor quality shoes there.