Hyundai Rotem To Build Subway Line In Philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Hyundai Rotem to build subway line in Philippines

20160122112836_bodyfile.jpg

SEOUL, Jan. 22 (Yonhap) -- Hyundai Rotem Co., a train-making affiliate of Hyundai Motor Group, said Friday that it has inked a deal to construct a subway line and other necessary systems in the Philippines for 530 billion won (US$440.2 million).

The deals signed with ULC, a local company, calls for Hyundai Rotem to build a subway line linking a station in Manila to another in Bulacan which is located in the northern part of the country.

It will also provide the trains to be deployed for the line along with other necessary communications, signal and electric systems by the second half of 2019, the company said.

The deal is the largest that Hyundai Rotem has ever made in the Philippines since 1996 when it first entered the market.

This also marks the first time that it has secured an order from the country on a turn-key basis under which it will be in charge of the entire project from planning to actual construction.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/business/2016/01/22/0501000000AEN20160122002200320.html

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Bahh it will never happen in my lifetime. Well that's the usual response when something big or an improvement is announced.  :)

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Bahh it will never happen in my lifetime. Well that's the usual response

When things are left to local governments and local contractors then you are correct with that response.  What makes this one incredibly different, and on par with the Japanese tunnel project on the SRP in Cebu, is this VERY important piece of information:

This also marks the first time that it has secured an order from the country on a turn-key basis under which it will be in charge of the entire project from planning to actual construction.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It would be great to think this project would actually be completed. God knows its badly needed as are the construction jobs that come with it. Let's just say I have my doubts it will ever start.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

It might because I haven't had enough coffee yet, but my first reaction is:

Yeah right! Not in my lifetime

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Bahh it will never happen in my lifetime. Well that's the usual response when something big or an improvement is announced.  :)

It may happen if there are not too many Philippine fingers in the pie.  You are sounding a bit cynical JGF, remember, hope springs eternal.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
 You are sounding a bit cynical JGF, remember, hope springs eternal.

No not at all. Just giving the same response by members about most projects I have posted about before. Its was a tongue in cheek reply and not what I believe. 

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

nah the greedy senators will propose bill after bill for this and that so they will be able to get a piece of the bounty ! :bash:

but then again as its election time perhaps a new lot will be elected ? :hystery:

:omg:  there goes another 5 pigs flying by !

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Somehow a tunnel in Metro Manila does not seem feasible to me?? Manila is already at sea level and very soft ground almost silt. Maybe an aerial train system would be better?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

They are falling in line to get a ticket already.

post-2913-0-76904200-1453709523.jpg

• Like 1