Manila Expats Groups???

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

Are there any expat groups in Manila for meeting, greeting and sharing information?? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Jerry, this will be a very verbose "I don't know of any".

During my research phase a few years ago, I ran into several forums, (forgot the names) of Manila based expats. It seemed to me at the time that they were of the younger, working set and used the forum to set up meeting places for the week end.

I have been here over 3 years now, have run into lots of expats while shopping etc and none have mentioned any groups or regular get togethers. If you want my opinion, its because of the traffic. You might live 5 klicks from your buddy but it could take you an hour to get to his house.

Not saying that there are not any, and if you do find some, let the rest of us know. :cheersty:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Jerry,

Can't answer your question,...yet.  We are moving to Laguna at the end of April.  I know we'll be busy for the first few weeks.  But after that I'd be open to a get together, say near the end of May.  Keep in touch.

danny

• Like 2

luke
Posted
Posted

If you are looking for "lifting" a beer and perhaps some billiard/pool I'm always available.

I only invite people in my home who I know well, not people I just meet whether Filipino or expat.

15 years ago there were lots of watering holes in Manila & Makati.

In the meantime expats have been reduced to a bunch business/working or diplomats.

Burgos street area has a bit more "tourists" and retirees hanging out there. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Are there any expat groups in Manila for meeting, greeting and sharing information?? 

There are various groups, some are paid membership such as the American Association. There's other groups/clubs for the Dutch, Germans, Aussies etc, British ladies, expat mothers. What exactly do you want to do? meet ups for dinner or informal get togethers, join a club? 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
If you are looking for "lifting" a beer and perhaps some billiard/pool I'm always available. I only invite people in my home who I know well, not people I just meet whether Filipino or expat.

Mate

I feel we have known each other for years. Hope the beer is cold, can you throw in a few snacks and if it's not too much trouble can we stay the night. See you soon.   :rolleyes:   :cheersty:

• Like 5

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Just go in any of the English, Aussie, Irish, American style bars around Makati, you'll find many regulars living all over Manila out having a quiet or sometimes rowdy beer or three, it's pretty easy to get talking with people and most are friendly and approachable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Just go in any of the English, Aussie, Irish, American style bars around Makati, you'll find many regulars living all over Manila out having a quiet or sometimes rowdy beer or three, it's pretty easy to get talking with people and most are friendly and approachable

Hey Bootleultras,

Long time no hear, my friend.  Whenever I am in town in Makati, you will be my go to guy!   

Take care!  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

Thanks everybody for the replies. I'd like to have regular meet up to get acquainted with Expats, especially those close to me as well as share information about adjusting to life in the Philippines. I have met other expats at the Immigration Department but they live a long way away. I think it would be great to met at the local mall and do a movie together or dinner. I'd like for my Sweet Rea to become  familiar with other Americans, especially us crazy Texans.  I will keep every one itaboes outut activities Rea and I plan and send invites out in advance.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Hey Jake,

Been really busy of late but still following what's going on here and chiming in when I have something I can reply to.... Just give me advance notice when you're in town my friend so I can get a good rest before the San migs flow!

Whereabouts in Manila are you or will you be located Jerry?

• Like 2