Manila Expats Groups???

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Your ladies beat ours 1-2 England  (football) we had a goal disallowed and missed a penalty. the goal that was disallowed was for offside, I want bother explaining what that entails. could take forever.

Congratulations to the US Ladies FOOTBALL team, apparently they were deemed as too tough for NFL and therefore chose to play  FOOTBALL  :6:

Edit to say: Shame they don't understand the word dignity. 

Edited by LUFCinMakati
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Unfortunately it requires a rather large IQ to understand FOOTBALL and by that I don't mean that sh^t that is NFL!

NFL is by far the most boring sport I have watched, closely followed by baseball, bunch of men dressed like they are going out for a night on the town with Boy George. 15 seconds of running around, 3 mins standing around taking, rinse and repeat for what seems like hours!

On a different subject, but you will get the link, well I hope you will,  I'm having lunch with a colleague in the Green Man in Changkat in KL, great bar btw. On the TV at the time was Australia v New Zealand in an ODI, for our American readers this is cricket, a marvelous sport. The table behind us was occupied by a mixed group of Aussies, Kiwi's and Pompey's, half way through the lunch they are joined by a middle aged American lady, who was clearly a friend. She asked what they were watching and they told her it was cricket, she asked if they could explain the rules, my colleague and I stop eating and looked at each other with a knowing smile. 

Too their credit for the next hour or so, they duly explained, runs, overs, 4's, 6's etc, the American Lady was fully engaged and asking lots of questions and we were very impressed. Around an hour and half had passed when she ask's in full voice for all the bar to hear "so how long does a one day international last"? You can imagine the scenes we couldn't stop laughing!

Bunch of guys kicking a ball around..sigh..yawn..ZZZZ I'd rather watch paint dry. Boring.:sad:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Bunch of guys kicking a ball around..sigh..yawn..ZZZZ I'd rather watch paint dry. Boring.:sad:

Football (the REAL one) - 4 billion fans

Basketball - 825 million fans

Baseball - 500 million fans

:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And 2 billion are hooligans! :cheersty:

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

And 2 billion are hooligans! :cheersty:

Harsh

But fair. :smile:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Basketball - 825 million fans

Baseball - 500 million fans

:whistling:

It doesn't surprise me much that Association Football has the largest fan base but when I looked up the top 10 I was surprised to see cricket come in at number 2 with 2.5 billion fans.  I guess the Indian subcontinent makes up a big chunk of that though.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

It doesn't surprise me much that Association Football has the largest fan base but when I looked up the top 10 I was surprised to see cricket come in at number 2 with 2.5 billion fans.  I guess the Indian subcontinent makes up a big chunk of that though.

I guess you were reading the same article as I was - Yes, cricket surprised me but you're probably right as to why that would be the case

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

FLOPPERS!

Heeb
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nickleback99 said:

FLOPPERS!

Exactly, a short burst of monotonous action followed by a player rolling on the ground in agony, play stops, replay shows little or no contact, free kick awarded, score 1-0 game over. Now hockey on the other hand is fun to watch even with a low score.

Edited by Heeb
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Heeb said:

Exactly, a short burst of monotonous action followed by a player rolling on the ground in agony, play stops, replay shows little or no contact, free kick awarded, score 1-0 game over. Now hockey on the other hand is fun to watch even with a low score.

Yep, obviously 4 billion people are wrong! :whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1