34 minutes ago, canadamale said:

Screenshot_20190716_102930.jpg

Screenshot_20190716_103017.jpg

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Mick said:

Where I'm from there called Ladies Hockey and rounders (baseball) .... Both for girls.. 😜

I agree, and Basketball for our ladies  would be Netball :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I agree, and Basketball for our ladies  would be Netball :SugarwareZ-005:

Nah Mate, in netball they can't Travel :smile:

• I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nah Mate, in netball they can't Travel :smile:

Jim Mate, can I take it you never played basketball? :89: or are you confused with a hangover :hystery:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, canadamale said:

Everyone knows ( or should know)  there are only two sports that count. Both invented by a Canadian. Number one will always be hockey, number two will always be basketball. Football,soccor, cricket  rugby, golf, aussie rules, are all ok but to canuck it is the good old hockey game

Troll! :2245_safe:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, canadamale said:

Thanks for that - It's always nice to read about minority sports! :2245_safe:

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted

According to the 2013 International Ice Hockey Federation survey, there are 1.64 million registered hockey players in the world. The three countries with the most hockey players (in order) are Canada, the United States and the Czech Republic.

The country with the fewest players is Andorra, a small country in Europe, where only 52 people are registered to play. Hockey is now played on every continent in the world, with 144 countries registered. Hockey is a very old game, and variations of it have been played around the world for thousands of years. In 2013, South Korea saw a 28-percent growth in registered hockey players.

next to those games where they mindlessly chase a ball around, yes a suppose a minority sport to some hahaha just saying

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jim Mate, can I take it you never played basketball? :89: or are you confused with a hangover :hystery:

Played it once in the Army, Never got to know the rules. Like I said ladies play it but call it netball.

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Played it once in the Army, Never got to know the rules. Like I said ladies play it but call it netball.

I am probably way off Topic now jim but I will answer, they are 2 totally different games and can be played by either sex. In basket Ball the ball holder can Dribble and thus move. In netball the ball holder may not move at all and remain Stationary passing to other members who may move about, also there are dedicated Players for shooting the net unlike Basketball where anyone can shoot

I know the Game of Netball better than Basketball as my Ex and my girls are all fanatics and had to live my married life to it at the time.

BTW the word Travelling is a Foul that occurs when the ball Holder in BB moves without bouncing the Ball, My bad I should have said Dribbling and not Traveling anyway, I laugh out loud when I watch Mixed Netball games which is becoming quite Popular

Such is my apology for my remarks to you mate :smile: