Insurance

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here is a fine example of why insurance is needed if traveling overseas or if you are an expat.Australian quadriplegic stranded in IndiaA Rockhampton family has been told the Federal Government cannot help them bring back a man who has been left a quadriplegic in India.George Dobson fractured his spine in a fall last month, and has lost the use of his arms and legs.His ex-wife Therese Dobson says the Member for Capricornia, Kirsten Livermore, told her the Government cannot create a precedent by paying for his return flight to Australia.Ms Dobson says the family needs up to $250,000 to transfer him to an Australian spinal unit."I've had a verbal quote of $250,000 to air ambulance him from Delhi to Brisbane," she said. "But if he can be stabilised enough to be a stretcher case on a commercial airline with medical assistance, $US75,000, which is about $A89,000."Kirsten Livermore's office has been really, really helpful but understandably they can't be bailing out people all over the world. It's not realistic and we understand that. "They have been tremendously helpful and pointing me in the right direction for assistance with the Foreign Affairs Department and the Australian High Commission in India."

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Nightmare.. I had an old ex years ago her brother had a mental breakdown in Spain it resulted in the Church getting in touch and arranging a "loan" to get him back as the flight had to have a guard with him.