Referring A Filipina To A Friend

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Beyond Help, just sit back and wait for the whining and whinging.

You can lead a horse to water comes to mind

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don`t know how old the guy is but he needs a kick up the butt 

now now stand in line please

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

Ynot
Posted
Posted

No matter the response or outcome, I think it is best to let the guy know the situation and its then up to him as to what he does.  At least you have done your bit and told him, and you can sleep at night knowing you did the right thing.

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I cautiously suggest that such cases are not just common; they are normal. 

Only a very exceptional Filipina will "remain faithful" to her foreign ATM, given time and opportunity. It must be remembered that the male Filipino sees a woman with a foreign boyfriend as "fair game" and perhaps as an ATM for himself. Her friends will usually encourage her to "have a good time" whilst the money is flowing, because after all it may stop soon enough.

A Filipino friend once pointed out to me a report written by a Spanish military man in the 16th century complaining about the terrible morals of the local women  

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine with end stage COPD wires part of his disability money to 3 Filipinas. He can't travel and never will see them-yet he took exception when I told him that this friendship with them is purely conditional. He said (when I asked) that they are aware this money is coming out of his monthly disability check and seem to have no problem accepting it. However, I think these might be the exception-like anybody, I guess-either you have a conscious or you don't.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I cautiously suggest that such cases are not just common; they are normal. 

I agree that cases like this are normal, which is why I thought this bit of gossip worthy of a topic  :tiphat:   As davewe says:

let's all lift a glass to him, wish him well and say, "what an idiot."

So long as people are aware of what they are doing, its their business whether to continue to do it.  Its not the same as if she was separating an Alzheimer's victim from his disability cheque.  :morning1:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5