The Truth About Naga City, Bicol, Camarines Sur

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Ron, I noticed some of what you are talking about in the "The Brit in the Philippines" video at an outlying subdivision of row houses. When I mentioned it in the comments I was Poo Poo'd. The places were mostly empty (I wonder why) and I stated there was not enough there to draw tricycles, you would have to catch one bringing someone back from town. Probably 2km walk to the road where you could wait for a jeepney. The row houses were small, not screened jalousie windows, no shade, no off street parking, no nearby sari store, no street lighting that I noticed. I questioned whether there was good internet and was told it was great. :unsure:  I said that for a cheap place it might be ok temporarily but I would not pay 4k a month to live there as I would rather live in a nipa house. I think those places were somewhat primitive by western standard, flush the toilet with a bucket primitive, which is not bad to me, it cuts down on moving parts and maintenance but a lot of people wouldn't like it. It was never stated how much the places go for but I believe it would probably be in the 6-7k range as any more would be the entire house payment of the landlord as to buy the houses for a National would be 600k to 800k cash. It didn't have a nice view but it looked like a nice view within a Km walk. I would bear in mind that the guy making the videos lives there and has taken it upon himself to promote the area. I watch anyone's videos with an eye towards what is in the background.

I still like the area and I will check it out next time. I want to try Biggs Tower Burger! :thumbsup:

Robert, yeah I'm familiar with the videos and the guy you are talking about. I haven't run into him yet, but I'm sure I will. This place isn't that big. I'm not exactly sure where his subdivision is. But I have a very good idea. I wouldn't want to live there either when I can get a nice home for 10k right here in town. There are deals to be found here (rent wise) but you have to take your time and look around. Took me a month to find the place I'm in. My internet here IS fairly decent. By Philippines standards anyway. I have Caceres cable. Gives me TV and premium channels with HD and 8gb internet for P3200 a month. Not cheap, but not to bad either. Faster speeds can be had for more money. Caceres cable is not available in all areas of Naga though. I'm not familiar with Biggs Tower Burger. Maybe you can enlighten ME.

Ron

p.s. If your in town, hit me up. I'll buy you a cold SM. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

Ron, I would like to meet up for a SM. I will be stuck in the US til about July waiting on probate court I think.

I found the Biggs fast food chain on the Naga City Deck while doing what online research I can about things that interest me. Movie theatres, car dealerships, restaurants and they mentioned Biggs and their burger. I normally eat healthier but sometimes I just want some fast food. The tower Burger has two beef patty's 2 hash browns, a fried egg, multiple slices of cheese, bacon (I think), grilled onions and the usual hamburger fixings. My arteries are hardening already just thinking about it. :cheers:

• Like 1

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

. I have my eye on a 575 sqm beachfront property on San Miguel Bay going for 125k.

That sounds too good to be true.  Its either a good risk, if you can afford to lose it, or a mountain of problems.  Otherwise it would be an easy sell at many times that amount.  Such is my opinion, having never seen a deal that good anywhere in Philippines.

I know what your saying and I agree with you whole heartedly. I can afford to lose the 3 grand but I don't think I want to.