Expensive Internet At Sipalay Negor Resorts

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW ..... the internet ain't the only thing expensive in Sipilay .... the room rates are sky-high according to their websites .... ranging from p1800 to p4000 .... anything cheaper I found to be fan rooms .... guess we'll have to save up our pesos .... :hystery: :thumbsup: :unsure:

:cheersty:

robert k
Posted
Posted

WOW ..... the internet ain't the only thing expensive in Sipilay .... the room rates are sky-high according to their websites .... ranging from p1800 to p4000 .... anything cheaper I found to be fan rooms .... guess we'll have to save up our pesos .... :hystery: :thumbsup: :unsure:

Agoda has never even heard of Sipilay. :unsure:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW ..... the internet ain't the only thing expensive in Sipilay .... the room rates are sky-high according to their websites .... ranging from p1800 to p4000 .... anything cheaper I found to be fan rooms .... guess we'll have to save up our pesos ....

Just do a web search for resorts in Sipilay and you will find quite a few .... been my experience that most of the time if you use those room booking sites you pay more than if you show up in person OR you contact the resort yourself .... JMHO .... :tiphat:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
you pay more than if you show up in person

We went to Sipalay with no reservations but ended up driving around and around to find they all were full booked. We ended up at one high on a hill with long, long stairs down to a long, long wooden dock over dirty shallow water. It had a small pool up top. Very disappointing.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

WOW ..... the internet ain't the only thing expensive in Sipilay .... the room rates are sky-high according to their websites .... ranging from p1800 to p4000 .... anything cheaper I found to be fan rooms .... guess we'll have to save up our pesos ....

Just do a web search for resorts in Sipilay and you will find quite a few .... been my experience that most of the time if you use those room booking sites you pay more than if you show up in person OR you contact the resort yourself .... JMHO .... :tiphat:

Actually when I book with Agoda I usually pay 20% to 40% less than they say if you are just a walk up, or if you extend your stay beyond what you booked through Agoda.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Agoda has never even heard of Sipilay

Really?

Here are my search results showing 10 properties listed on Agoda

• Like 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Really?

Its spelled Sipalay, with an 'a'.   Area Resort map on google shows 12 resorts in area, with 4 on Sugar Beach.... a short bangka ride to the N. , past the river mouth.  Seven years ago we spent a few nights at 'Driftwood Village'. Bought, developed and owned by a nice Swiss guy and his FIlipina wife. Didn't seem too pricey for the second tier bamboo Nipa sleep hut, but the food was priced up. It's a long bus ride from Duma to the place and then another long ride up to Bacolod, but the scenery is magnificent. 

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Really?

I was using the spelling of the previous posters and not adding city afterwards as they did not. garbage in and garbage out with a large CPE thrown in. :lol:

With Dave's link I see what look like a couple of nice hotels in the 900-1k php range. Rooms are small but then I don't need Comfort Inn and Suites and an 8k php per night tariff for what is essentially a slightly larger room.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1