Expats Living In Philippines Having Second Thoughts......

mogo51
Posted
Posted

My SO and I live in Thailand, so we are both 'farangs' and not really wanted there.  

We are now just completing our second trip to Philippines to find where we feel would be a suitable place for us to retire permanently,  We are in Vasayas at the moment and return to Thailand in a few days.  There are some very good pluses for this area.

My point on this topic is that we are 'in reverse' regarding whether to stay on in Thailand or return to SO's home country.  We had a long discussion about it yesterday and there is more discussion to be had.  I managed to get her to give me HER wishes for the first time.

But I could never see myself going back to Oz now, my standard of living would deteriorate quickly once I got there.

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, RBM said:Yes this is true how ever one must factor in wind chill. I spend several years in Germany and really did not have to many problems in winter. NZ or rather Christchurch receives bitterly cold southerlies and Easterlies which go right through one. As an example presently can sit in the sun during the day in a sheltered spot and enjoy in a T shirt. One step into the wind and its an another world.

Germany doesn't really get that cold. Plenty of wind on the coast of the Baltic sea. I didn't mind Christchurch temperature or wind, but i hated the constant raining. Snow is ok when its chilly as it wont make you soaking wet... Rain and low temperatures... Yuck.

12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Tell ya what, there is a bus driving job in northern Canada that will give ya that.  You can have it with my compliments.  Did it for 30 years and I'll gladly take the 35+ providing the aircon is working.

Oh year, forgot to mention the few weeks a year when it is -40 or colder but you can always add more clothing :hystery:

Sounds like a dream job! ???. Should have gone to work in Canada instead of NZ and Aus ?.

• Like 1