Traveling Negros Island

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

Hey Dave do you think I should have started a new thread maybe titled Traveling Negros Island or something like that
 OK.  Here is the split off thread.

Agoda has never even heard of Sipilay

Really?

Here are my search results showing 10 properties listed on Agoda

Sir Hounddriver ..... you just may have changed my mind about Agoda price wise ..... looks like they have some decent pricing .....  if we go may just try them again after my last fiasco with them several years ago ..... 

We may just go to Binalbagan which is closer to us for our first trip away from home in the south .... gonna shake the tree and check it out on Agoda ..... it takes about 4-5 hours to Sipalay for us not counting a lunch stop so you really gotta go for more than an over night stay .... especially if you want to see anything ..... :thumbsup:

Sorry to hi-jack your thread RBM ..... :tiphat:

:cheersty:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
you just may have changed my mind about Agoda price wise

I hope you are careful with that.  They always add 25% to their advertised prices when you are booking with them.  The excuse is some BS about taxes and service charge but I know its not true as I can often direct book the same hotel at the same price with NO additional prices

I still like them because I can get a price point to start looking, and sometimes the price from Agoda is actually lower than what the hotel will give, and you can get points towards a free stay if you stay at a lot of hotels during the year.  I think I have a free $35 hotel room coming to me that I have to use this year.  :tiphat:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yea that was my experience several years ago when I booked a room at one price only to find out the price was different once I got ready to pay ..... plus I don't like high pressure sales and the stupid little thing they do with the "we only have 2 left at this price" or the "10 people looking at this room with only 1 room left" ..... bull crap ....

Hey Dave do you think I should have started a new thread maybe titled Traveling Negros Island or something like that ..... seems I went way off base from the OP original topic .... just kinda got outta hand .... my fault .... sorry .... is there any way to move those posts that don't pertain to RBM's original post I know I can't move them but maybe you can ..... sorry to be such a PITA .... :bash:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
to Sipalay for us not counting a lunch stop

If you like oysters, Hinigaran is just a few miles before Binalbagan. We often go to a resto on the left going south just past the Shell station. Most, if not all, of the oysters in the area come from Hinigaran.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hope you are careful with that.  They always add 25% to their advertised prices when you are booking with them.  The excuse is some BS about taxes and service charge but I know its not true as I can often direct book the same hotel at the same price with NO additional prices

I still like them because I can get a price point to start looking, and sometimes the price from Agoda is actually lower than what the hotel will give, and you can get points towards a free stay if you stay at a lot of hotels during the year.  I think I have a free $35 hotel room coming to me that I have to use this year.  :tiphat:

Definately correct Dave, I have been looking for Manila accommodation mid April, add ons vary from 12-25%.  I tried our web site as

I wanted to do the right thing by the big kahoona, but they were one of the worst for add ons. Sorry to say.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Hijacking the thread and its only minutes old LOL LOL
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Definately correct Dave, I have been looking for Manila accommodation mid April, add ons vary from 12-25%.  I tried our web site as

I wanted to do the right thing by the big kahoona, but they were one of the worst for add ons. Sorry to say.

MMM hijacking a hijacking gotta be a first well done Mogo

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I should have added that I was quoted a price after selecting dates, then went to book and it went up 2000bht BEFORE they added

taxes etc.

I sent a 'please explain' inquiry but did not get a reply.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

To get this back on track...I did not spend much time in any one place on the Negros Occidental side but it looked lovely. Many sleepy backwater places. Circumnavigating Negros on the National highway was one of the best decisions I have made. The road was a little rough (construction) some places but passable. For me it was a spur of the moment thing. Just grabbed a few things and took off heading south and returned home from the north. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

If you are interested in buying or selling gold, there is a respected man in Binalbagan about 2 blocks west of the main intersection.

• Like 1