A 49 Year Old Mistake ( Undiscovered Until 2015)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:1 (103):  If member Soupdragon thinks getting married and it's Paper work, a waste check this out, then see what your 13a Application can go though

Because of a 49 year old Mistake by the City Registrar my 13a was nearly not Granted, my lawyer in Cebu has fingers in the pie so the probationary was Granted, with agreement that all would be in order for the Permanent to be Granted.

Case being. My Wife's NSO Both Certificate was not Good. (Her Fathers Middle Name appeared Twice with no Family name although Pretty Close to it. So our Little eagle Eyed Immigration Lawyers picked up on this 49 years later. 18.000 peso and 7 months in waiting, this is what we had to do.

1. Obtain The fathers Original BC to prove his Birth and Actual names.

2. Change  Mother and Fathers Marriage Certificate to Show the proper names. ( this was where we think it all started)

3. To do this, we had to Trace the Original Marriage Licence application to Amend that. Then we had to submit all this with Affidavits.

4. Then we had to Apply for a new Birth certificate supported by Affidavits That there had been errors in the Spelling of the fathers family name.

Moral here is; Please everyone, Check What is written as under the administration here, it is never their fault if after, you find a problem

So my Wife has Been to School, College Work and with a Driving Licence and her Passports issued all on a Birth Certificate that No one, Not even the NSO, DFA, LTO,SSS DepEd or any other PI Government Agency noticed was not correct BUT as you can bet your life on, It wasThe Good Ole BI that DID. Why? Easy, cos the End Result was a 13a Permanant Visa HUH! Go Figure EH?

Jack (Much relieved it is now done :thumbsup:)   :tiphat:

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Mistakes like that are very common here. Plain carelessness and not paying attention to details. 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Mistakes like that are very common here. Plain carelessness and not paying attention to details. 

:thumbsup:  Yep your right there but this one just takes the biscuit for me 18.000 peso and I nearly had to leave as my 3 years were up. Then on my Return Gotta do the whole thing again after the initial 6 months here thing. But all is well Now post-2148-0-91652800-1456303172_thumb.jp

Jack :)

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

The way lawyers and government agencies make money here never ceases to amaze me. Yes, there are legal predators everywhere, but this is of a stranger type than what we find in advanced economic economies and institutions.

Its NOT always more fun in Da Pilippines. I'm so sorry for all the innocents who get snared in these Kafkaesque scenarios. 

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well it`s over now go and rest and get ready for the next f up they do here and charge you for it. Happy days are here again lalallalal

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

49 year old mistake? For a second there Jack I thought you were talking about ME! :hystery:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes Jack as one poster said it happens very frequently here ..... probably 1 in every 100 documents has at lest 1 mistake if not more .... just in our immediate family here we know of 3 out of 6 persons .... ranging from a birth certificates with 2 different birthdays (they applied for a extra copy and received a different birth date on the new issue.... figure that one out) .... 2 names spelled wrong and one member with 2 different passports recorded (not intentional) .... that's what happen in a society where they are so far behind in technology and very lax in details .... and add to that no one except the in-charge can make a decision to change something ....

Years ago I almost didn't get a Globe internet connection because the woman I spoke to insisted that my middle name HAD to be my mothers sir name and not my fathers first name .... even with my passport and US drivers license she still insisted .... she had to get a supervisor to verify my info after I refused to sign the contract with my mothers sir name in it ..... unbelievable .... :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife says they make the mistakes on purpose so they can make additional money when they have to correct them.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My wife says they make the mistakes on purpose so they can make additional money when they have to correct them.

I can believe this but 49 Years and so much Granted,  :1 (103):

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Jack ..... my mother-in-law is 68 years old and just found out her name was spelled wrong 4 years ago when her husband died .... she needed it to claim his death benefits .... kinda looks like the length of time in years doesn't seem to matter .... it is really FUBAR here as far as documents go ....  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 2