Don't Be So Fxxxing Dumb, She Says

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
  Was this a serious conversation? Is this just sarcastic banter that the 2 of you usually share?

A normal but serious conversation.

She picks up too many of her language skills from the Internet.  She watches 'vines' a lot and it has been hard to get used to what comes out of her mouth and yet I recognize that she is mimicking her 'idols' on Youtube.  I wonder if those idiots on the 'net realize they are being role models to young people all over the world, or if they would care if they knew.

Some of the language she uses are my own words thrown back at me.  I use the phrase 'dumb sh&t' a  lot and get it parroted back to me on many occasions.  She knows the difference between right and wrong but when its just her and I in the room she disengages any verbal filter.

She would NEVER ask me to pay for the trip, but she knows that I will give her enough to cover her bus fare there and back, the rest is up to her.

"Y" has the idea that this is a partnership so whats mine is hers etc  :3_12_31[1]: so she feels that if we have money then she has money.  So she does not ask me to pay for the trip, she expects 'we' will pay for the trip and the hammer is:  if I don't then momma will and she will lose face and take it out on me in the long term.

This kind of relationship is not for everyone.  Indeed I often shake my head and think its not for me.  But I have spoiled her over the last couple of years and when you treat someone like a princess they start to act like a princess.  I have seen enough other filipinas, married to (/living with) expats to know I am not the only one to do that.  Far from it.  Seems to be the norm rather than the exception (but you would not believe that from reading some forums  :hystery:  ) 

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I have never heard anyone in the Philippines, male or female, use the F*** word.

Disclaimer: Maybe it is that nobody in my area speaks English.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Was this a serious conversation? Is this just sarcastic banter that the 2 of you usually share?

A normal but serious conversation.

She picks up too many of her language skills from the Internet.  She watches 'vines' a lot and it has been hard to get used to what comes out of her mouth and yet I recognize that she is mimicking her 'idols' on Youtube.  I wonder if those idiots on the 'net realize they are being role models to young people all over the world, or if they would care if they knew.

Some of the language she uses are my own words thrown back at me.  I use the phrase 'dumb sh&t' a  lot and get it parroted back to me on many occasions.  She knows the difference between right and wrong but when its just her and I in the room she disengages any verbal filter.

She would NEVER ask me to pay for the trip, but she knows that I will give her enough to cover her bus fare there and back, the rest is up to her.

"Y" has the idea that this is a partnership so whats mine is hers etc  :3_12_31[1]: so she feels that if we have money then she has money.  So she does not ask me to pay for the trip, she expects 'we' will pay for the trip and the hammer is:  if I don't then momma will and she will lose face and take it out on me in the long term.

This kind of relationship is not for everyone.  Indeed I often shake my head and think its not for me.  But I have spoiled her over the last couple of years and when you treat someone like a princess they start to act like a princess.  I have seen enough other filipinas, married to (/living with) expats to know I am not the only one to do that.  Far from it.  Seems to be the norm rather than the exception (but you would not believe that from reading some forums  :hystery:  ) 

:AddEmoticons04230:  Read and Learn my Friends because in Reality, I and many others are in this exact situation  :thumbsup:

If we are Honest with each other, I doubt we would have it any other way OH! yes we can deny this But.................................. It is what it is!

Don't we just LUV EM? :89:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I have never heard anyone in the Philippines, male or female, use the F*** word.

Don't piss off my girl then or you're in for a shock. She not only is fluent in throwing multiple F-bombs, she backs them up with a flock of birds reminiscent of Canadian Geese migrating south for the winter. :hystery:  

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was at an anime/hobby shop, looking for model cement, and ran into some college boys that wanted to practice English.  So I hung out and talked them for a while. Turns out about all they wanted was pointers on how and when to use the F word ha ha.  Their favorite was motherf*er. 

I swear like a sailor so my wife is picking a few words. :tiphat:

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Turns out about all they wanted was pointers on how and when to use the F word

Not too sure where they actually get it from in day to day things but my 16 year old got a smack round the ear for telling me to F.... Off I have complained to the school about bad Language who just shrug it off as a Norm. Then we wonder EH?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

What can we expect when FaceBook can't inject a Word Filter.  post-2148-0-89939200-1456459090_thumb.jp

Sorry JGF but it is what it says, then we wonder where it comes from.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Don't piss off my girl then or you're in for a shock. She not only is fluent in throwing multiple F-bombs, she backs them up with a flock of birds reminiscent of Canadian Geese migrating south for the winter. :hystery:  

Imagine that in a deeply religious country of educated, polite, shy people.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

While driving with a lady friend in the jeep I had a multicab pull out right in front of me when there was nothing behind me for a kilometer and they narrowly missed a child on a bicycle in Maslog and I loudly called them a dumb C___S_____ as it very much looked as though to not be behind me they almost ran over the kid. Then they drove slower than I was going, as I said the traffic was particularly light. I looked at the lady with me and explained that what I called them was a highly technical term for bad/reckless driver.

The next expletive I let out that day was when a toddler by the side of the road opposite Freedom Park in Dumaguete pushed on a motorcycle that was parked with the kickstand down. The chubby 3-4 year old wasn't big enough to push it over. Unfortunately he didn't have to be as the kickstand came up under spring tension and then the motorcycle fell on the kid. That one was OMFG. I was on a roll that day.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I looked at the lady with me and explained that what I called them was a highly technical term for bad/reckless driver.

Was your lady friend a good driver or a bad driver?

• Like 1