What Does Your Wife And/or Step Children Call You?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had to go back through this old thread and make sure I had not answered years ago!

My wife and step-daughter both call me daddy.  She says that is the normal here.  It took a while to get used to it.  My younger daughters call us mommy and daddy, but recently our 2.5 year old started with mom and dad.  We don't know where she picked that up.

The only time I call my wife by her actual name is when we are in a crowded noisy place and I need to get her attention.  Otherwise, it is Honey.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Wife calls me darling when in a good mood, but in a bad mood anything bare darling.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Wife calls me darling when in a good mood, but in a bad mood anything bare darling.

I respond to "Old Bastard" Which is what I prefer. Why not make a joke out of getting old?:wink:

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/27/2016 at 5:19 PM, Gratefuled said:

I mean under normal conditions and not when she is angry with you or horny.  As for your children or step children, do they have a name for you?  Not behind your back but when speaking to you.

My grandsons in the states call me grandpa. My only grand daughter calls me "Wampa". Her way of saying grandpa.

My wife calls me "honey".  My wife asked me what should my stepson call me?  Should it be "dad" or by my first name or what?  Good question. I suggested he call me "wampa" like my grand daughter.

It works. He may have felt awkward calling me "dad" and disrespectful calling me by my first name. Now, the local kids call me "wampa". Is that cool or what. 

Wife calls me "baby ko" or "palangga ko." To most of her fam I am either kuya or uncle R.

EDIT: Yikes this one rose from the dead!

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1