Cebu Pacific online check-in.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure why i even bother with this airline when its got so meny problems.

So today i got an email saying check-in online now and choose a seat for free. Being a fat and tall guy i jumped on it and went to check-in online (hoping to grab a free emergency seat). Because of the piso sale the website was very laggy. After about 10-20minutes i managed to get into the online check-in. When i clicked choose a seat the connection just timed out and i got an "we are busy, try again error". When i managed to log into the online check-in again they told me that i now owe them 58HKD because of the seat i "chose". It was a random middle seat... why the hell would i book and pay for a middle seat...

Called them on Skype and it was just like talking to a wall. All i heard is that "sir you have to pay".

They said they will look at the case, but im sure the anwser is "sir you have to pay". Ill pay prob end up paying the fee, but it angers me alot.

Ill never bother with an online check-in again with them and i would recommend you do the same. If something sh&t happens, you wont get any help.

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

Not sure why i even bother with this airline when its got so meny problems.

So today i got an email saying check-in online now and choose a seat for free. Being a fat and tall guy i jumped on it and went to check-in online (hoping to grab a free emergency seat). Because of the piso sale the website was very laggy. After about 10-20minutes i managed to get into the online check-in. When i clicked choose a seat the connection just timed out and i got an "we are busy, try again error". When i managed to log into the online check-in again they told me that i now owe them 58HKD because of the seat i "chose". It was a random middle seat... why the hell would i book and pay for a middle seat...

Called them on Skype and it was just like talking to a wall. All i heard is that "sir you have to pay".

They said they will look at the case, but im sure the anwser is "sir you have to pay". Ill pay prob end up paying the fee, but it angers me alot.

Ill never bother with an online check-in again with them and i would recommend you do the same. If something sh&t happens, you wont get any help.

I had a bad experience with Scoot that flies Gold Coast Aus to Singapore and onto Bkk/Manila etc.  I made a mistake by one month when booking, within minutes realised my mistake and rang them = got the big brushoff, good by $700 plus, not happy.

The words 'customer service' is non existent and they gouge everything they can from you.  If they were not so cheap compared to other airlines I would not go near them, now we both do the booking and check every bit of information before lodging.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't mind the 58HKD fee if it was my fault, but in this case it wasn't. Oh well, welcome to Paradise i guess :D.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

The words 'customer service' is non existent and they gouge everything they can from you.

Sounds like United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines and just about every other American flagged airline I have ever dealt with............

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

I had a bad experience with Scoot that flies Gold Coast Aus to Singapore and onto Bkk/Manila etc.  I made a mistake by one month when booking, within minutes realised my mistake and rang them = got the big brushoff, good by $700 plus, not happy.

The words 'customer service' is non existent and they gouge everything they can from you.  If they were not so cheap compared to other airlines I would not go near them, now we both do the booking and check every bit of information before lodging.

At a rough guess I would say go straight to your credit card company and explain that it was an error so they can decline the transaction.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, robert k said:

At a rough guess I would say go straight to your credit card company and explain that it was an error so they can decline the transaction.

On this I can agree, Once they can see that an amount is furthered on the Ticket to cover a mistake 9/10 times they will refund the amount in Question. (Well as far as I understand this on tickets) I have on a few occasions had refunds due to mistakes where all be it mine they have seen that a correction was made for the same institution.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Sounds like United Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines and just about every other American flagged airline I have ever dealt with............

Don't forget Qantas.  Used to be a great airline, 'service' a distant memory.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

A few weeks ago we tried to go online and book some tickets, first attempt at 7 p.m. which timed out, so we thought we would try later at 10 p.m. still no good, then tried again at 5 a.m. the next morning, still no good.

Booked with Philippine airlines instead for not a lot more money for the same route.

Cebu Pacific forget them.