American Killed In Cebu

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

It was reported on the TV news here last night that expat Timothy Wilson was found in a burnt out car, there is an article about this in Sun Star Cebu but I can't get it to link.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

It was reported on the TV news here last night that expat Timothy Wilson was found in a burnt out car, there is an article about this in Sun Star Cebu but I can't get it to link.

We will be off line soon, so I will try and find it and post When the site is back up OK?:huh:

Jack:Happy:

Morning All:morning1:

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, I found the article but dumb old me can't get it to link. Apparently there is an Aussie invovled, money and alleged murder.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.philstar.com:8080/cebu-news/2016/03/19/1564497/personal-grudge-eyed-murder-american

Personal grudge eyed in murder of American

By Mylen P. Manto, Jojo C. Ugdol (The Freeman) | Updated March 19, 2016 - 12:00am

0  0 googleplus0  0 

CEBU, Philippines - Personal grudge is now being eyed as the motive behind the killing of retired US Navy serviceman Timothy Wilson, 60, residing in Pinamungajan town, who was found dead inside a burned car in Barangay Busay, Cebu City, the other day.

Senior Inspector Elisandro Quijano, chief of the Homicide Section of the Cebu City Police Office, said the victim’s wife Jocelyn Wilson claimed the charred body as that of her husband who was last seen with Australian national Craeg Keith Ratcliff, 42, a resident of Looc, Calatrava, Negros Occidental.

“Basi usab sa asawa nga last person seen ‘ning suspect kay gikuha kini sa ilang balay. Pagbiya wala na’y communication,” he added.

Quijano also said they cannot determine yet if the victim was already dead before RAV4 was set on fire.

“Dili ta ka speculate mag- depende sa autopsy report ug examination sa crime lab,” he said, adding the body will also be subject a dental test and a DNA test.

Prior to the incident, the suspect allegedly bought gasoline at 2010 Gasoline Station, in front of the hotel where he latter stayed. However, Quijano said this is still subject to verification. 

Freeman ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:

Quijano said they now alerted different units especially the City Investigation Branch, Investigation Detective and management Branch, traffic and Police Regional Office-18 in Negros Occidental for the possible arrest of the suspect and to monitor the entrance and exits of the Province of Cebu.

During a press conference in the Cebu City Police Office yesterday afternoon, Jocelyn broke into tears and pleaded with the suspect to surrender.

Jocelyn recalled how good her husband was to Ratcliff.

“Daku kaayo ug natabang ang akong bana niya, pero sakit kaayo iyaha pa nga gipatay, gisunog pa niya, grabe kaayo ang iyang gibuhat, friendly kaayo ang akong bana niya,” Jocelyn said.

She also said Ratcliff owes her husband $500,000.

Superintendent George Ylanan, deputy chief for operations at Cebu City Police Office, said the CIB already tracked down the vehicle the suspect may have used to flee the crime scene, a Toyota Innova, which they found out is registered under the name of Maria Aiza Ratcliff, the wife of the suspect.

Ylanan said Maria Aiza will also be considered a person of interest.

The police also learned that the burnt vehicle was owned by Ratcliff and the car plate number URY 310 was intentionally removed before the vehicle was set alight. It was through the engine and chassis number that they were able to trace the record of the said vehicle.

Ylanan believes that the suspect is still here in the region, the Bureau of Immigration also said that they have no record of the suspect leaving the country yet. — /BRP (FREEMAN)

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Surfing the web to get more info on this story, it seems that the victim and the suspect and their wives are well known and well liked by other expats.  If any of these people are accused there will be a lot of friends in the area who won't believe it.  The news reports are contradictory, as usual, and its hard to know what to believe but let me say this:

Whatever our individual theories are, as to the culprit in this case, remember that there is bound to be a member or guest reading this who will be offended because they cannot believe that "X" would do something like that.  In this case, involving apparently well known and well liked expats, we should tread lightly.

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Surfing the web to get more info on this story, it seems that the victim and the suspect and their wives are well known and well liked by other expats.  If any of these people are accused there will be a lot of friends in the area who won't believe it.  The news reports are contradictory, as usual, and its hard to know what to believe but let me say this:

Whatever our individual theories are, as to the culprit in this case, remember that there is bound to be a member or guest reading this who will be offended because they cannot believe that "X" would do something like that.  In this case, involving apparently well known and well liked expats, we should tread lightly.

Yes Dave and I am one of the a fore mentioned and also unable comprehend  this. I would count  Ratty as a close friend, Tim was a friend also. A gentle giant.

I am not prepared to go into details this time except confirm your comments as spot on.

lets remember innocent until proven.......With the Aussie and U S involved he should get a fair hearing.

Edited by RBM
  • Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I believe the best thing to do is wait until all the facts are in and verified.

• Like 2

russellmania
Posted
Posted

As they say..Money is the root of all evil! RIP to the gentleman.

• 3 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Latest information:

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2016/07/02/1598779/australian-wife-face-murder-case

CEBU, Philippines - The Australian national tagged in the death of a man who was charred inside a vehicle in Busay, Cebu City three months ago is now facing a murder complaint.

The Cebu City Police Office filed yesterday the complaint against Australian Craig Keith Ratcliff and his wife, Maria Aisa Baldomar-Ratcliff, who are both still at-large.

The police said they found reason to tag the Ratcliffs as responsible for the killing of 60-year-old Timothy Wilson, a retired US Navy member, based on the "series of unbroken sets of circumstantial evidence."

Investigation revealed that Craig has a long overdue debt to Wilson amounting to $700,000, which the police believe to have been the "strong or convincing motive" of Craig in perpetrating the crime.

"The tenacious demands for payment by Timothy A. Wilson to the suspects may have triggered the plan to liquidate or kill the victim considering that if and when the lending agreement (between the suspects and the victim) would be enforced, the spouses (Ratcliffs) would lost everything," the police stated in their complaint.

They added that the supposed payment of Craig to Wilson was only a ploy to assure that the latter would go voluntarily with him alone.

Wilson's charred body was found inside a burned Toyota RAV4 in Lower Busay, Cebu City on March 17.

Police took into account the statement of two PUJ drivers who revealed that they were hired by Craig in the afternoon of March 17 to tow his Toyota RAV4 from a hotel where he checked in to an upland area as it allegedly incurred a mechanical problem.

The drivers said they noticed that Craig kept the car windows closed despite the intense heat of the sun. After leaving Craig, one of the drivers said he saw from afar that Craig boarded a white Toyota Innova that sped off from the area.

"Circumstances tend to establish that Timothy Wilson was already dead on March 16, 2016 when Ratcliff (Craig) checked in at Cebu Hilltop Hotel: his (Wilson's) dead body was concealed and stuck at the front seat of silver gray Toyota RAV4," the police said.

They also discovered that Craig concealed his true identity when he registered his name in the hotel as Kevin Kline "to conceal such a heinous crime of murder."

The Cebu City Intelligence Branch was able to track down the white Toyota Innova and found out that it was registered under the name of Maria Aiza Ratcliff, the wife of the suspect.  The victim's wife, Jocelyn Wilson, said her husband was last seen with Craig. This was confirmed by Craig's wife when Jocelyn talked to her over the phone.

After the news about Wilson's death came out, Aisa could no longer be contacted, the police added.  (FREEMAN)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I believe this is Craig Keith Ratcliff

Twitter profile pic. I blurred the kids faces. 

Craig keith Ratcliff.jpgratcliff.jpg