The last little bit

RBM
Posted
Posted

Over the last year or so around central and northern Negros there has been a flurry of activity. Many nice new concrete highways, plus of course the usual inconvenience that goes with it. Now as elections are closing in many of the major projects are nearing or have been completed.

now this brings me to my point where I call on the collective wisdom of our esteemed members to explain what my humble mind cannot.

With every lovely new stretch of highway comes a little area of say 5 meters which remains unfinished. Usually it's quite a hump and rocky. Highways are done in stretches and without fail there is always this little patch that remains unfinished...

Maybe a speed bump, maybe lack of funding.....1000 maybes....Any clues out there?

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, RBM said:

With every lovely new stretch of highway comes a little area of say 5 meters which remains unfinished. Usually it's quite a hump and rocky. Highways are done in stretches and without fail there is always this little patch that remains unfinished...

Maybe a speed bump, maybe lack of funding.....1000 maybes....Any clues out there?

Possibly a Disputed Barangay Boundary. One (or both Baragay's not wanting to pay that additional Cost of the Disputed area?

Just my Thoughts as it Happend here between the North and South Districts of the Barangay

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, RBM said:

Over the last year or so around central and northern Negros there has been a flurry of activity. Many nice new concrete highways, plus of course the usual inconvenience that goes with it. Now as elections are closing in many of the major projects are nearing or have been completed.

now this brings me to my point where I call on the collective wisdom of our esteemed members to explain what my humble mind cannot.

Maybe needed to finish off the boss man;s driveway???

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:
11 minutes ago, RBM said:

Maybe needed to finish off the boss man;s driveway???

It happens Ron :whistling:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

It happens Ron :whistling:

Same Same here Jack.  If you ever want a laugh, come over here and watch them patch a hole in the road. It gets better if it rains within a day or two, back to 'normal'  only hole is now bigger.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, RBM said:

That is an EXCELLENT question.  I have wondered the same.  It happens almost everywhere.  Perhaps if we all speculate we can come up with a logical reason, but this is Philippines so probably not.

My best guesses:

1.  2 different contractors who cannot agree where one should start and the other should finish so they leave a gap and don't give a sh&t?

2. Wet spot on the ground where concrete will crack if the drainage is not fixed (thats the reason in first world road building as I recall)

3. Ran out of money before the job was done?

4. Another contractor has that bit and he hasn't got around to it yet.

5. Property dispute.  As in someone says you can't build that road as the ownership is in dispute.

6.  The unfinished piece is in front of the mayor's son's house and he gets a little piece of the action but it takes him a long time to get the job done?

These are just some of my thoughts.  What others?

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

These are just some of my thoughts.  What others?

2 contractors starting from Different ends and some one got the measurement wrong of each Section :cool:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I asked my wife

I asked Yvonne and got:  This is Philippines, its how they do it here.

• Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Knowing how some things work in the local phil gov its more likely they stop at certain points so they can say they have run out of funds , and as they need x amount of pesos to finish the road works plus x amount to pay the workers their bonuses which of course they never get !!

lots of road widening schemes here also in Los banos funny thing is one part towards santa cruz there is a section of road that as been widened and there are still trees and electric poles in the middle of the bit they have widened !

• Like 3