BBQ Smoker wanted

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Hahahaha,,,of course not! I just knew it could be done with spending hundreds on a big smoker. Im single so I can Que small rack of ribs or chicken on my grill,thats all I need for me and my company.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I just gave my almost new Weber Smoker to my brother because it is to heavy to ship.

It's a great unit and Weber makes a quality product.

http://www.weber.com/grills/series/smokers

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, russellmania said:

Smoking on a charcoal grill is really easy to do, especially if you are already comfortable grilling with indirect heat. Begin by filling a chimney starter about one-third full with briquettes. When they are fully lit, pour all of the charcoal on one side of the cooking grate (if desired, use a charcoal basket, which holds the coals close together so they burn more slowly) and place a large disposable foil pan on the other side. Then, carefully add about 2 or 3 cups of water to the pan. The water in the pan is important because it helps to maintain a low cooking temperature. It also adds some moisture to the food, which in many cases will cook for hours and hours, so it could dry out otherwise. Allow 30 minutes to 1 hour for the coals to burn down to the correct temperature and the water to heat up. Next, drop damp wood chips or dry wood chunks directly onto the coals. Then place your food on top of the cooking grate over the water pan and cover your grill. Expect to add more coals every hour or so to maintain the heat.

http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/grill-skills/mastering-smoke/smoke-grill-setups/smoking-on-a-charcoal-grill

Cool to know. You live and learn everyday.

I prefer a real smoker tho (easy to make from an old 44gallon drum if your not into welding). That little bbq seems to much of an hassle.

russellmania
Posted
Posted (edited)

Like this one :-)

bigbbq.jpg

Edited by russellmania

• 3 months later...
Romeo Valencia Cuerpo
Posted
Posted

get a drawing and get a local fabricator to build you one. I built a stick burner myself. For the pellet, you might have a problem getting pellet supplies

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2016 at 12:46 AM, Gratefuled said:

Both mesquite and pecan wood are plentiful in south Texas but doubt you will find any here. I love Texas BBQ. 

You can Mesquite Wood Chips and Hickory Chunks at Wilcon Depot, along with the chimney to heat your charcoal.  I had found Mesquite Charcoal, by Kingsford, at S&R 

• Like 1

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
On 4/2/2016 at 12:46 AM, Gratefuled said:

Both mesquite and pecan wood are plentiful in south Texas but doubt you will find any here. I love Texas BBQ. 

You can Mesquite Wood Chips and Hickory Chunks at Wilcon Depot, along with the chimney to heat your charcoal.  I had found Mesquite Charcoal, by Kingsford, at S&R  Also, I found a water smoker at Ace Hardware in SM Marilao in Bulacan but it had a dent in it. They said that they may get another one, never did. There was one in Wilcon Depot that I saw as I ran in with a friend, who was in a hurry to get something. I promised my self that I would go back and buy it when I had more time. Went back and it wasn't available. If anyone sees one in the Manila area, let me know. I NEED BRISKET !!

394aecc5-ae0c-4bf5-a5f8-0dac23db0f62_1.c817c5b591610df88f6b17dc5994dd98.jpeg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JerryNRea said:

Also, I found a water smoker at Ace Hardware in SM Marilao in Bulacan but it had a dent in it. They said that they may get another one, never did. There was one in Wilcon Depot that I saw as I ran in with a friend, who was in a hurry to get something. I promised my self that I would go back and buy it when I had more time. Went back and it wasn't available. If anyone sees one in the Manila area, let me know. I NEED BRISKET !!

There are a couple of smokers on OLX that might interest you. Damn phone would not copy link so search it. :thumbsup:

JerryNRea
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

There are a couple of smokers on OLX that might interest you. Damn phone would not copy link so search it. :thumbsup:

Okay, what is OLX ??

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

OLX google = Philippines #1 buy and sell website 

• Thanks 1