Return to Oz

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Whilst this is not a report on to and from Phils, thought it was still the appropriate spot.

My SO and I are in Oz, travelled from Bkk to Oz, via Singapore, with Scoot airlines.  

Whilst I am not a lover of this airline after a previous loss of $700 plus for pressing the wrong month on booking, with two of us flying it was a 'no brainer' costs wise, being less than half any other offering.  We went Tiger Air bkk/changi and that was ok, left on time and it is a relatively short flight - not much they can do wrong.  Never eat there crap food or drink their expensive drinks, just read and wait for landing all of which was successful!

We met another Aussie with his Filipino gf on the flight and by chance they were sitting in front of us on the trip Sing/Gold Coast.  So and her talked in Tagalog and English and enjoyed each other's company. Dave and I likewise, then some sleep and the flight went quite well.  We flew on the new Dreamliner aircraft, what a magnificent airplace, quiet, good leg room and seat comfort.  Still don't get into the crap food etc. but overall a good flight, both of us flew bkk/gold coast $690 au, one way.  Very good price.

We fly next week GC to Manila for $720au one way another good deal, same deal, Dreamliner to Singapore.

My time here is spent catching up with family and friends, plus sorting out all the medical issues and tests etc.  But these flights are really starting to take their toll on me and I am starting to wonder if it is worth it.  But my Mum is still alive and 94, so history says, she is on borrowed time (alzimers/dementia) so that is weighing on my decisions.

Nevertheless, the weather has been sensational here, got in a couple of swims in the surf at Surfers Paradise on the weekend, wonderful.

Cost of living here is horrendous, worse every time I come back.  My SO loves it here and is a bit hit with my family, so that is a plus for me.

overall the travel experience for money paid so far has been excellent, the new Dreamliner is a wonderful aircraft.

Hope all are well on the forum and looking to catch up with members in Iloilo 29/4-2/5 and Dumaguete 2/5-8/5 - This is our discovery and decision time for our move next year.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

How many hours was the trip? Glad you enjoyed the new aircraft lot of work went into them. 

My Dad is 92, in good health. I understand how your Mom's health situation would affect you... hang in there. 

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

Glad the flight worked out for you. Scoot is cheap and good aslong as you dont encounter any problems. Easier to deal with a Singapore based airline then Filipino aswell :D.

Give me a private msg when your in Iloilo and bored. Wouldn't mind going out for food or drink as i dont know any foregners here (you barely see any at even places like SM city)..

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

:whistling:australian-man-charged-for-buckling-1403221817303094.html.jpg 

If you plan on transporting beer in your vehicle, be sure to buckle up any children first and not the beer. :whistling:

Man charged for buckling up beer instead of children

Edited by Gratefuled
adding info